Dropping Chrome 7 - switching back to the Fox

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I know i'm not the only one having problems, a couple other friends of mine have all experienced issues with Chrome 7. Pages get stuck and won't allow you to scroll, drop down menus won't work, can't click certain links, just a general unresponsive nature to contend with. I've cleared out web cache, history, cookies, removed plugins, fresh install, etc, it seems the once agile chrome is now a lumbering wreck. Keeping an eye out for updates as they come, but for the time being, switching back to Firefox, it's not as fast but at least it works. Not quite ready for Opera just yet :D.

Anyone else had issues with chrome 7?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
There are problems with certain sites, i don't know if it is to do with jscript or some such, but while browsing smallnetbuilder.com, some of the 'next page' links are not click-able, the drop down menu doesn't always display, etc. Some retail sites like amazon and uk based overclockers.co.uk, just hang when changing pages, waiting for something to load, i'm uncertain as to the cause. Firefox is fine.

Maybe it is just certain sites that have issues, but since these are site i use frequently, i have to use something a little more nimble.

Maybe when i removed the plugins and/or removed chrome, remnants (as they usually do) remained.

Last edited:

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I don't think I have seen any issues & just went over to smallnetbuilder.com to poke around a bit ... worked ok. But I only spent a couple of minutes there. I also have nothing added into my chrome install which takes a lot of restraint given the firefox install on another machine.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I'll run Chrome with resource tracking enabled on offending sites and see if there's a correlation, see which element is consuming the most time/resources...

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I am in South Korea. I am running windows 7 in English, and Chrome is installed and set to English.

I had to manually change the script to keep from getting Korean results for searching form the address bar.

There are also some middle click things that annoy me, since I can do them in FF, and chrome either opens a new tab, or a new window entirely.

All that being said, FF was seriously starting to have some stability issues. I can launch Chrome 10 times in the same amount of time that it takes FF to launch.