Does the BF3 Pre-order Bonus Give an Unfair Advantage at Launch?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Where pre-order bonuses are concerned, I can love 'em or hate 'em. If the bonuses that gamers get aren't detrimental to the gameplay, and can later become acquired by the rest of us, I don't have a big deal with it. But when publishers offer pre-order bonuses that can award gamers a big advantage over the competition on day one, then I consider it to be a problem. It's even worse when there is more than one pre-order bonus, based on the store. Ugh!

battlefield_3_061311.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Agreed. I also think there lack of Steam preorder for BF3 and ME3 is retarded as well, but there is no arguing with crazy.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
So really, you're paying for unearned unlocks and Back to Karkland? Hmm...doesn't matter much to me. I'll be picking it up anyway. Happy birthday to me!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
After I get my 3 monitors and Stand for them I will start buying games again. Until then this has to be on hold. I am going to get it from Amazon though, not going to be forced to get it through EA's Origin exclusive digital service because there a bunch of retards making ever one take a step back and go to physical media because they want to stick it to Steam and all the online distros but C'est la vie.