Does bad luck follow me around?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
For the second time in a year, my Dell Inspiron's screen has died. Both times, it happened during a reboot. Strange.

I am starting to hate Dell. I may be jumping to conclusions, but having to do this twice in a year sucks.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Damn..........

Sorry to hear of you troubles. Hope Dell sends you one thats not a lemon this time around. Best of luck.

Word.

E.M.I.
Sometimes, when i go over to Robs shit seems to break faster or when i leave.
Totaly screwed.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah Word, that is true. Mearly a coincidence though. Gives us something to laugh about :D

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
At college, kids who had issues either messed their stuff up because of ignorance about their hardware and software and their lack of "internet condum" aka anti-virus/anti-spyware/some kind of firewall OR because they got a Dell..lol
Of course, the former aggravates the latter, so we have many calling up tech support and returns of products... :p

I remember telling one girl why in the world she would boot, turn off, then immediately reboot over and over, aggravating an already corrupted system..
Another guy left his laptop running almost 24/7 ON HIS BED!!! Oh man.

Then there are cases where the computer just dies from dust.

And then, they got a dell...an issue unto its own. :D
Although with the sheer volume of the goods they sell, no matter how well their goods operate usually, a fraction will have problems. But it's a matter of percentage. Yet I see/hear (after I ask which brand the dead laptop/PC was), it's overwhelmingly likely a dell, although I do remember some Sony or Toshiba laptops having cooling issues.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, Dell is just too damn popular. But man, leaving your laptop on your bed running for more than an hour can be bad, haha.