Discuss: NeroLinux: In-Depth Look

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ahead has stepped up to the Linux plate with their NeroLinux offering. Does the program offer enough to drag people away from K3b and other Burning apps? Check out the review to find out!

If you have any comments on the review, please post them here! Questions are also welcomed, so if I failed to mention something in the review, let me know. Thanks!

Word.

E.M.I.
Cons...

Yeah, the "Cons" are bad you have to pay 70$ for it when there is K3B which is free and more than likly if you have problems with it people have got around them so i think i would rate it about a 5 . For passing but not that good YET.
But nicely done did not hold back any cons.. like some other sites... i belive people should know EXACTLY how good it is before paying 70$ US for it .

Word.

PUTALE

Obliviot
mmh, wonder why would they want to support linux. Currently, there are still not enough people using linux. Though, maybe ahead is thinkin of the future, i mean they have already established windows burning program quite well, it's time for them to expand.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
why would they want to support linux

Many people use Linux, and are looking for more reasons to use Linux. If they really wanted to expand into Linux, though, they should have sold it as a stand-alone.

$70 for software that requires you download two seperate plugins.. wrong.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
With all the cons and so few plusses... What pulled this prduct out of the gutter to not recieve a lower rating?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That's a good point. I should have considered that even more. The program does what it's supposed to, and does it well. I should have rated it a five, but too late now.

The absolutely biggest gripe is that it's $70. That's a huge kick in the ass.