Discuss: Logisys LED VGA Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
For overclockers who really want to get an extra punch out of their GPU.. a stock cooler doesn't usually do it justice. Copper Heatsinks are becoming more and more popular, and Logisys has joined that bandwagon. Does their Copper cooler improve on a stock cooler?

Review is located here. After reading, if you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to post them here.

PUTALE

Obliviot
looks really cool.

I have a question, I saw that you didn't remove the thermal paste off the gpu, is it safe that way? I mean, should we always reappy thermal paste to cpu/gpu?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yes, I would recommmend removing the paste. Since it's been there for over 6 months months, a fresh apply would have been much better.

Some people reapply it every couple months.. not me though. It's not really unsafe to leave it there, but it would be better if it was cleaned, so that it can do it's job properly.

Welcome to the forums :)

PUTALE

Obliviot
thanks for the warm welcome:).

Thanks for the explanation. I usually don't mess with my system once it's installed, hence I am not sure the whole thing about the thermal paste. I have been reading and read that if it's not done properly, it will ruin the card/cpu. But it's good to knwo that it's okay to leave it on:).

Mike Delorme

Obliviot
The only thing the thermal gel does, from my understanding, is it helps the heat transfer better from the GPU to the heatsink. So In reality it does not hurt, however your system might stay a couple of D's cooler if you changed it every so often.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Aye Mike, that's basically it.

If you were to overclock it big time, you would want a fresh layer of thermal paste. Since OC'ing will make the card hotter, you will want a solid heat transfer.