Did EA just send me someone else's e-mail?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Not that it'd surprise me, but it seems like EA sent me an e-mail that was meant to go to someone else. I checked the headers, and those come up clean. As the title in the image shows, it came through via Salesforce, which EA does use. So it appears someone e-mailed customer service about a game that didn't show up on their account, and I received the response back somehow.

ea_email.png

You might recall that a few months ago, someone signed up for a Blizzard account with my e-mail address, and that turned out to be a common occurrence. This seems a bit different, though, unless EA managed to blast out a response to every single customer somehow.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Odd. There's some idiot that keeps signing up for stuff using my email. As a result I get stuff from Apple (he registered his iPod to my email), EA, some erotic match making service and a few others. It's annoying as *%&$. If I could find the idiot I'd love to punch him in the face.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am confused as hell. In case the password was somehow compromised, I did a password reset and changed it. I gained access back to the account, and the name at some point was changed to "Noor Zeed". All other information remained the same... the address, the games I purchased, the connection with Xbox Live. I just don't get it. I e-mailed EA about it but I am sure they'll be just as useless as I suspect they'll be.