Dell's XPS Line-up Isn't Going Anywhere

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
We posted the other day about a Wall Street Journal article that claimed Dell was pulling their XPS gaming line-up in order to focus primarily on Alienware. As it was quoted, the XPS line was "cutting into" Alienware's profits... which did seem like an odd claim to make.

It turns out that even well-respected newspapers can be completely and sorely wrong. Dell representative Anne Camden posted on the official blog that XPS wasn't going anywhere, and that the WSJ was incorrect. Rather, Dell will be investing "like crazy" into Alienware, making sure that it will become the premier game PC builder out there, but the XPS line-up will live on.

Anne goes on to state that the XPS line-up is an integral part of Dell's heritage, and recent product launches contradict a company that suddenly that would want to pull the plug on a series. So there you have it, XPS is here to stay, and I for one am pleased. I'll always build my own rigs (no surprise there), but if I was suddenly lazy, the XPS line-up would be one I'd consider. The last few iterations of their rigs have been amazing.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
dell_xps_051308.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Dell XPS and Alienware are both great brands – arguably the greatest brands in PC gaming – and both will live on. But we are going to expand our focus on Alienware. We are going to invest like crazy in product development, design and engineering to propel Alienware as the premier gaming brand in the future.

Source: Dell Blog