Dell UK - XPS 720

Conrad

Obliviot
I've been frequenting your website lately for bits of hardware such as the CoolIT PURE to fit in my PC when I get it to allow me to do more customisation. Today, I went onto Dell UKs site and hmm... where is the non H2C 720 XPS? It's not there.

I brief chat with sales support reveals that according to her at least, they are stopping production of the XPS 720s.

Does anyone else have any more detailed news on it? This is a blow to me as I can't afford the XPS H2C (@ around £2,300 or more for what I want) and the 420 I think it is, doesn't havr the specs I am seeking.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I've been frequenting your website lately for bits of hardware such as the CoolIT PURE to fit in my PC when I get it to allow me to do more customisation. Today, I went onto Dell UKs site and hmm... where is the non H2C 720 XPS? It's not there.

I brief chat with sales support reveals that according to her at least, they are stopping production of the XPS 720s.

Does anyone else have any more detailed news on it? This is a blow to me as I can't afford the XPS H2C (@ around £2,300 or more for what I want) and the 420 I think it is, doesn't havr the specs I am seeking.
Can you build your own system?
You may not get the style of the DELL XPS, but you can build the same system for a lot cheaper.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:
Tech Junkie

Conrad

Obliviot
They might be making room for the Dell XPS 630.

I was thinking this, but to build a systme of the same specs, minus some accesories that I was hunting for but couldn't find cheaper than with the PC costs MORE as a 630 than a 720, which kind of annoys me alot.

Can you build your own system?
You may not get the style of the DELL XPS, but you can build the same system for a lot cheaper.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:
Tech Junkie

I do have the technical ability and patience and pretty sure I'd know what to do with an easily found guide as it's mostly plug and play now but I'm just so scared... I fried an Xbox once... don't know how but the HDD never worked. rest was fine though so I think something else happened.

Do you know of any reliable price comparison sites? It's worth me looking into.

Last edited: