Dell Offering Core i7 PC with Included 20-inch Widescreen for $999

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I don't make it a point to look around and hunt for great hardware deals, but while visiting Dell's website last night, I happened upon one of their "XPS Winter Savings" deals that seemed too good to be ignored. Until the 19th (6AM PST), the company is offering a fully-featured XPS machine, complete with Core i7 processor and 20-inch widescreen monitor... for $999.

So how good is this deal? If you were to build your own Core i7 machine right now, the least-expensive motherboard would set you back $220, while the CPU itself would bring the tally up another $300. Tack on 4GB of RAM ($75), a 500GB hard drive ($65), ATI's HD 3450 ($30), ODD ($25), chassis ($80), miscellaneous peripherals and modest PSU ($150), and the total would sit at $945.

So where exactly is the steal? Well on top of the pre-configured PC, they also throw in their SP2009W 20-inch widescreen, valued at $240. So in total, the machine to build separately would cost $1,185, or $999 through this offer. It's not a mind-blowing deal, nor is it a deal most of our audience is looking for, but for a PC that offers Intel's latest and greatest, looks good and comes complete with a monitor for $999... it's definitely an interesting deal.

dell_promotion_111808.jpg

This deal expires first thing tomorrow morning, but it's not the only one Dell is offering. You can keep checking back to their event page to scope out the latest deals.

Source: Dell Core i7 Machine - $999

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That particular sale ended first thing this morning. You can see the other deals by using the bottom URL.