Dear Bethesda,

madmat

Soup Nazi
I'd like to thank you for the latest update to Skyrim. Prior to version 1.6 I could play this game for hours on end with just the occasional glitch or crash. Now, after this latest update, the game has become so unstable that I'm lucky to get 30 minutes of play time in before it crashes back to the desktop. Yes, I realize that I'm getting too sedentary. Yes, I realize I'm growing a bit fat. Thank you so much for turning your fine game into an unstable bag of crap so I won't be able to spend time playing it and instead be forced to emerge, fat and sloppy, from my gaming room into the real world once more.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
No company is nearly as thoughtful as Bethesda in this regard. *cheers* to their hard work.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I posted the same thing over at their forums and it was locked in under an hour. The mod that locked it told me in the thread that if I'd like to list the bugs I'm having and a DXDIAG (in spoiler tags?!) then feel free. I PM'ed him asking how exactly I'm supposed to do that when he's closed the bleeding thread? I then went on to say that it didn't matter, the game was so unstable after the update that I uninstalled it out of despair of it being permanently broken and that why should I expect Bethesda to care? They got paid.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Oh well, their loss. I was going to buy the Dawnguard DLC when it came out but I won't now. I was also seriously considering the new MMO they're putting out. The only MMO I've ever been interested in aside from KoL. Now... no thanks.

I even went so far as to remove the other Bethesda games I had installed. I just don't care enough about them to keep playing.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
One thing's for sure... Bethesda just doesn't care about bugs or the problems they cause. It's been proven time and time again. Any time a new title is released, it's unbelievably buggy, and then gets a lot better six months down the road. They definitely suffer from the "release now fix later" way of thinking.