Customer calls out service rep on $6,500 estimate

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's not unheard of to have some scumbag auto mechanic charge you more than they should, or fix things that are not broken, but here's proof that it can just as easily happen with luxury cars as well, such as Mercedes.
<object height="392" width="464">
<embed src="http://embed.break.com/MzEyNDQ5" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="392" width="464"></object>
http://view.break.com/312449 - Watch more free videos

This customer calls out the service rep on the estimated $6,500 charge that it would require to fix his roof. The problem in the end wound up being a small rock, which he believed Mercedes put there in the first place in order to have this happen. Sick.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Owned!

This kind of shit happens all of the time. Most people don't even know what is happening so they go along with it. It's happened to me I am sure but I will never know.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
This had happened to my parents, although not with that expensive of a car. They had a small four door car, and took it in to the dealership for some minor repair. When they got it back the radiator was acting up and leaking. They checked the radiator and it was punched in from the front, like someone took a baseball bat to it. They showed their insurance carrier who said they'd never seen anything like it. It was impossible for damage of that type to hit the radiator without damaging the entire front of the car.

The dealership had taken out their good radiator and replaced it. Of course the dealership denied it.

We had something similar happen as well, conveniently after the warranty was up on the part the shop had 'fixed'. The guy offered to pay for the part but not for labor. That added up to over 600, just for him to fix what he screwed up in the first place. We told him to shove it, took it to my husband's cousin who also fixed a few other things for under $400, parts and labor.

All I can say is I don't trust dealerships or car places unless I know the person working there on a friend basis. I won't ever let them touch my car otherwise.