Crysis Single Player Demo

NicePants42

Partition Master
Impressive

I played through this last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. The suit abilities are a very nice touch; it adds a lot to the game play in terms of style and options, which IMHO will act to increase replay value drastically.

Even without DX10, the graphics are very impressive, with nice wind rustling and detailed shadow effects. I'm going to have to seriously start trying to get a copy of Vista now.

Running a Q6600 @ 3.2 and an 8800GTX @ 638/938, FPS was usually in the high 20s/low 30s @ 1920x1200 on high w/ no AA under DX9. Not buttery smooth, but certainly playable. I haven't messed with lower resolutions yet.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Kewl,
O did the auto on the graphics and only came up with medium settings ( with cards below ).
Awesome suit technology in game play.
I'll go through a couple more times before the game launches

Merlin

Naish

E.M.I.
Runs pretty well here, similar performance to MakubeX, but I'm in the 25FPS area. Sure does look gorgeous though, editor is a good bit of fun too.

My Specs;
AMD 4200+X2-939
2GB DDR-400
Asus A8N-E
EVGA 8800GTX
2xSeagate Barricuda 250gb

Time to put that in my sig..

MakubeX

Partition Master
Runs pretty well here, similar performance to MakubeX, but I'm in the 25FPS area. Sure does look gorgeous though, editor is a good bit of fun too.

My Specs;
AMD 4200+X2-939
2GB DDR-400
Asus A8N-E
EVGA 8800GTX
2xSeagate Barricuda 250gb

Time to put that in my sig..

At 1600x1200 with 2xAA and you're getting 25fps? That's weird since I have a C2D OCed to 3.5GHz. I know the main factor here is the video card, but still the C2D should help a little bit. Is your video card highly overclocked? Cuz that's where mine falls short, it's not the best OCer. Btw, is that 25fps max or average?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
15FPS for High settings 2560x1600 here (Quad-Core, 8800GTX). It's playable, but a second GPU would really, really come in handy.

Naish

E.M.I.
The hell was I on when I made that post, I wasn't running 1600x1200, I was running 1680x1050.

All settings on high (XP Very high ini tweak) EXCEPT SHADOWS. Shadows stayed on medium, since, well, there's really no visual difference.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
10 hours before I can play Crysis.
I did the preorder online with a Digital download.
Sometime later today after work I'll activate it and start playing.
5.5 gigs took close to an hour to DL