Crysis Case Mod soon

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Just got the Antec Nine Hundred gamer case on sale for 69.99.
And an OCZ 1000 watt PSU ( non modular ) not too happy about ) but it was also on sale for 130.00 at Micro Center.

I've been seeing some fantastic mods here at Techgage and I have the bug.
I guess the title will be " Maximum Case "
In line with the nano suit features.
Mostly graphics, I'll know more as I get started and the ideas start popping.
Photos as the mod begins

Merlin ( coastermaker )

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
If you could get a nice-resolution graphic of the suit's textures and do some sort of professionally-printed decal that would cover the entire side of the case, that would be Hardcore with a capital H.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
If you could get a nice-resolution graphic of the suit's textures and do some sort of professionally-printed decal that would cover the entire side of the case, that would be Hardcore with a capital H.

I'll have to brush up on my airbrush if the compressor still works.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
First Concept Drawing

I'm creating the concept in photoshop first to see how things look.
Here's the first concept.....plenty of adding to do.

Last edited:

madmat

Soup Nazi
Ah, nice PSU. I was afraid you'd gotten the GameXstream. POS PSU there but the Pro is based off a Y3 (I think that's the name of the MFG) server PSU. Very stout unit although it's apt to be a bit loud owing to the design. Stacked PCB's with a single 80mm fan. Upside is that the 900 will keep it cool enough that the fan *shouldn't* be an issue.

Edit: It's a 3Y design which is a subsidiary of FSP but makes it a better PSU than the Epsilon units.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have a ModXStream going into my new workstation rig. So sue me!

(If it dies and kills my stuff I will cry)

madmat

Soup Nazi
It won't die and kill your stuff, the ripple will just lower the life expectancy of your parts over the long haul.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well considering what I paid for this, I will put up with it ;-)

Sorry to hijack your thread Merlin.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I might as well Maximum the insides also as far as Mobo and CPU
I'm looking at the X38 northbridge boards with PCIe 2.0.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131221
( still a DDR2 mem ) but that's okay
and the QX9650 CPU
By the way Rob did an excellant review here
http://techgage.com/article/intel_core_2_extreme_qx9650_-_the_45nm_era_begins/

I'm thinking the future of the GPU are going PCIe 2.0 , so I might as well go in that direction

At any rate, by the time I get ready for the guts the prices should be lower

Merlin ( Maximum Box )
void where prohibited, objects may seem closer than they are
Ca. residents pay extra taxes
Fun for the whole family

Last edited:

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
I too... eventually... sometime in the near few years.... planning a Crysis mod. Bought the game, have not even installed it yet... but that suit... OMG!
Sooooo many modding possibilities.

HEre is womthing I was thinking about. I have not tried the effect yet, but I think it will work for the suit Get a sheet of hex mesh. Paint your basecoat, them plonk down a deep grey. After that has dried, put the mesh over it, then paint in the suit colors that you are wanting, being sure to airbrush perpendicular to the mesh.

After you paint the suit, remove the mesh and you *should* have the grey interlocking mesh pattern in between the suit "tiles".

I planned on experimenting with this technique later, but in theory, it should work.

Cant wait to see what you pull off.

For a kick ass game, the modding possibilities are limitless.

Best of luck, and I'll be watching!
-=TD

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Here's what I was thinking today.
That suit is awesome, so I was thinking of part of the forearm on the side going through the top side and then the hand coming out the top.
I have some paper masche that hardens, I could make the form off the side door and the top, after it's all painted, a coat of clear epoxy to seal it and buff the texture to a matte finish.
Sad, the air brush compressor motor has seen better days, it's frozen bearings blows the circuit breaker.
So I'll just go with canned paint from Hobby Lobby

Today I had to take out the blue LED fans, I got one Antec Red LED fan for the front, a clear fan for just above the front red one. A side fan ( no LED ) and another one for the back ( no LED )
To componsate I got a twin red cold cathode lights to put inside.
I have some more ideas to use some copper tubing....still planning

Merlin ( coastermaker )