Crysis 2 Leaked a Month in Advance of Release

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Poor Crytek. I forget where it was, but I read an interview with Crytek's Cevat Yerli a couple of years ago where he stated that the "next Crysis" wouldn't be PC-exclusive like Crysis and Crysis Warhead were. Why? Piracy, and nothing but. Games are so easy to pirate on the PC, and with a game as mega-popular as Crysis, there's little doubt that Crytek was a victim to piracy in a huge way. Thus, Crysis 2 would also become available on consoles.

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
All i wanna know is whether they brought back Nomad, Prophet and Psycho! :D

Atleast the leak is buggy and crashy. No one in their right minds would be able to enjoy it!

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Crysis Warhead ran significantly better than the original Crysis ever did, and the last patches for Crysis even helped that game a little. From what I vaguely recall from an interview transcript, Crysis 2 will keep much of the same graphics and should be very playable, with some extra tweaking done to keep the graphics looking great.

Either way, the proof is in the pudding as they say... :)

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
we have yet to see the game in action in all its glory on a PC, all the recent footage has been of the Xbox! If it can look THAT good on an X360, it should work fine on our rigs! Maybe not on my hd5770 though, hah! :D