Crotale reaches 19.953s at 6609MHz with SuperPi with Intel Penium XE955

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Not too long ago Robert "Crotale" Kihlberg laid hands on both the title of Swedish Overclocking Champion and an Intel Pentium XE 955. He managed to reach 4GHz, both in the Championship and with Intel's new beast, which isn't bad at all as the first meant a 203% overclock but with the latter he felt he could do better as it is an extreme enthusiast processor. He simply rolled out his compressor cascade and managed to push the SuperPi results down to impressive 22.5s, which we have to say is a very impressive result. It would of course be insane to stop here (or perhaps to continue?), anywho our own OC-guru of course chose to head off and pick up some liquid love, sorry nitrogen, and give the processor another round at even higher speeds.

This is certainly hardcore. I swear I gotta pick me up some LN2 one of these days! At that speed, he managed a staggering -188ºC, haha.

Link

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I wonder what scores one of the new Opty 165's would do at 3ghz or better? That score is great, but I'd like to see an AMD processor do SuperPi at 6Ghz! I've got to give the man credit though, to get a 203% overclock out of a processor is absolutely GREAT!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There's no way we'll see an AMD hit 6GHz for a good long while. That is, unless they decided to change how they measure MHz, then maybe we'll end up with a 600GHz puter.