Could this be the worst game ever?

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Those are some seriously horrible games. I still remember back to the Atari 2600 days when that game and a few other atrocious games were released. Like some evil hippy wanted to make money and came out of his drug haze just long enough to think up something like "Custards revenge". Just wow, lol.

Altrus

Coastermaker
Those are some seriously horrible games. I still remember back to the Atari 2600 days when that game and a few other atrocious games were released. Like some evil hippy wanted to make money and came out of his drug haze just long enough to think up something like "Custards revenge". Just wow, lol.

I can think of a few, like DAMNATION....worst fifty bucks of my life.

But I think aquaman 64 was much worse than superman 64, and then theres that E.T. game for the.....Atari, maybe((only tried in on an emulator so its hard to remember))

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I'd say that 3DO game takes the cake... it looks like something an 9th grader came up with the night before his project deadline... except I'd be insulting 9th graders by saying that.

Crap like that is why Nintendo made sure they had tight reigns on their Nintendo consoles, because Atari and 3DO had zero control over who decided to make what games for their systems, and after seeing both of those I can't blame them. Could you even imagine buying a $60 Xbox 360 or some other console game and the basic map levels were bugged and didn't always work? It was a big issue back then because they couldn't block just anyone from launching a "game" on their system...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Custer's Revenge is a classic, in that it pushed all the wrong buttons when it first came out, for all the right reasons. I don't know who one earth isn't offended by the premise of that title, and if you aren't, then I'm not sure what to say! Others at the time like "Beat Em and Eat Em" and "Bachelor Party" were released by the same company, and as you'd expect, the concepts are absurd.

Altrus said:
I can think of a few, like DAMNATION....worst fifty bucks of my life.

That bad, eh? I saw that one, and wondered about it. Now I know...

Kougar said:
Crap like that is why Nintendo made sure they had tight reigns on their Nintendo consoles, because Atari and 3DO had zero control over who decided to make what games for their systems, and after seeing both of those I can't blame them.

That's true, although a lot of unlicensed games slipped through the cracks, and of course, the games that did, sucked. Angry Video Game Nerd has videos of a lot of those games, so just look through his collection and few a couple. Both of the Bible-related videos contain unlicensed games, and some are just hilarious.

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Lol, each of the characters on the box of the Plumbers game is written in different font!

OMG, just finished watch it, that's the funniest video I've seen in a while!

I'm also tempted to go buy the console and the game just to see how bad it really is.

Last edited: