Corvette Sedan?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ok, ok. Breathe slowly and relax. Just because Bob Lutz isn't opposed to a four-door Corvette, doesn't mean GM will build a four-door Corvette. But they might. There you go again with the hyperventilating. Just chill. Sure, Porsche built an SUV and will soon have their own super-sedan, but it doesn't mean GM must challenge them. But they might. Panic attack? Hang on, we'll join you.

It might not come off as a surprise that the Corvette does nothing for me, at least the new ones. However, there is no disregarding the legendary status that rides with each one.

But a Corvette Sedan? Sure, it sounds weird at first, but if Porsche can pull it off with their Cayenne, who says Chev can't do it either? Well, they can't if it turned out anything like the picture below. The car actually looks great, but the huge Corvette logo makes the rest of the car look foolish.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/20/a-corvette-sedan-lutz-not-opposed-to-the-idea/

Attachments

• vettepala4.jpg
    vettepala4.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 426

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
LOL! Cheverolet must be getting mighty desperate for something high performance other than the Vette to humiliate the name this way. That is absolutely dreadful and would cause me to never buy another GM product again if they did it.........

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I was thinking the exact same way, but I felt hypocritical. When the Porsche Cayenne was first announced, I asked "WTH is Porsche thinking??" but when it was finally released, I didn't mind it at all. It wasn't a sports car, but it was one of the best looking SUVs I've ever seen.

But I have to agree with you. Porsche managed to pull it off without ill-effects, but Chevrolet is likely to be a different story. I don't think a Vette Sedan fits into anyones idea of reality.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Porsche is a brand, Corvette is a car. Period. What they're trying to do is turn the car into a badge and that's stupid. What's next? A "Corvette" pickup? How about a "Corvette" scooter?

NicePants42

Partition Master
That car looks like a Nissan Sentra with a Dodge Stratus front end. If Nissan were selling it, it'd probably do ok.

I agree with Rob that the logo on the front is completely stupid in every sense of the word. The exterior design of the car is certainly not something Corvette should be proud of, and sitting in the driver's seat behind that immense logo would appear to observers as a failed attempt at posing.

On the other hand, it might give 'Vette enthusiasts something to drive in the winter - but only if they carry pictures of their REAL Corvettes to save face with onlookers.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
It looks like they are bastardizing the brand much like Pontiac did with the GTO. Good lord make it stop. I would drive it, thats for sure, but it looks absolutely some a car that has no business flying the Corvette flags.

MacMan

Partition Master
Please... tell me its not true!

Ok, ok. Breathe slowly and relax. Just because Bob Lutz isn't opposed to a four-door Corvette, doesn't mean GM will build a four-door Corvette. But they might. There you go again with the hyperventilating. Just chill. Sure, Porsche built an SUV and will soon have their own super-sedan, but it doesn't mean GM must challenge them. But they might. Panic attack? Hang on, we'll join you.

It might not come off as a surprise that the Corvette does nothing for me, at least the new ones. However, there is no disregarding the legendary status that rides with each one.

But a Corvette Sedan? Sure, it sounds weird at first, but if Porsche can pull it off with their Cayenne, who says Chev can't do it either? Well, they can't if it turned out anything like the picture below. The car actually looks great, but the huge Corvette logo makes the rest of the car look foolish.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/20/a-corvette-sedan-lutz-not-opposed-to-the-idea/

Please tell me this is not true; its a joke, maybe? Seriously, I have always loved Corvettes and to me, at least, the very idea of a Corvette sedan is next to blasphemy!

What's next, a Cadillac lawn mower; Pontiac television; Buick ice-cream maker?

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
A Porsche Cayenne S is a Twin Turbo 450HP V8 AWD monster that ANY Porsche owner would be pround to drive (in the winter especially). That abomination that is in that picture of the "Corvette Sedan" looks like an Impala with a Corvette logo and that they are just cashing in the name. Maybe if they "de-gay" that car and put a full race bred suspension/drivetrain and get rid of the logo on the hood, they might not be laughed out of existance. Otherwise, if it is what I think it is, they will not only alienate current Vette owners, but they are sure to loose sales due to the "franchising" of the Corvette name. Anyone wonder why the T-Bird is dead and buried? Chevy will find out if they decide to release that joke on the public.

moon111

Coastermaker
Porsche is a brand, Corvette is a car. Period. What they're trying to do is turn the car into a badge and that's stupid. What's next? A "Corvette" pickup? How about a "Corvette" scooter?

Maybe even a Corvette laptop!!! You sure wouldn't see other car companies stoop that low.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
I honestly don't think they'd do that to the corvette line, but with companies like this you never know. My dad works for GM, has put cars together for nearly thirty years for them. Hopefully he gets to retire before they run it in the ground or out of the country...

Anyway, as response to that: http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2794

Give people a tidbit of something and they go off on a tangent. Even if they attempted a sedan I don't think it would look anything like that. Not saying they would make a sedan corvette, but it's not impossible either. They just have to make it right, and of course high in style. That Sedan in the picture looks rather boring in my opinion. Certainly not deserving of the corvette logo. My 99' Grand Am looks more exciting. XD

NicePants42

Partition Master
You know, the Saturn quad-coupe looks pretty decent - you can hardly see the extra doors. Maybe something like that would look passable on a 'Vette? I mean, their doors are already huge.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
As far as im concerned the only thinga vette needs these days is a V10. Not 4 doors. If they do this im selling my 94 limited edit.

Seriously.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
What Next?

A Mustang with four doors?
Mustang pickup?
A racing Escalade?
lol

The world must surely be coming to an end ( corvette with four doors )

moon111

Coastermaker
The Mercedes CLS Brabus Rocket is a 4-door. 730 hp. 362.4 km/h or 224 mph top speed. Ferrari and Lamborghini don't go that fast. It makes the Corvette a toy in comparison.