Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower Chassis Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When Corsair released its Obsidian 800D full-tower nearly two years ago, it was the company's first chassis, but still managed to set standards. For those who were hoping for much of the same aesthetic value and design features in a smaller package, Corsair delivers with its 650D, a premium-priced offering at $180.

Read through Ryan's in-depth look at Corsair's mid-tower Obsidian 650D, and then discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Being a bit of a fanboi for the 700D/800D, I had a feeling I'd like this one, and sure enough, it's a winner. It reminds me of the 700D I am in and out of every day; it's uncanny. The front panel is nearly identical, and the way the doors come off is as well. I love some of the smaller features that the chassis offers - features I don't think I would have even noticed had I purchased the chassis (such as the super-discrete fan controller under the sliding door of the hot-swap bay).

I appreciate that massive 200mm fan in the front also, especially given there is no side door fan for the sake of keeping GPUs cool, the chassis kind of needed the extra help (yeah yeah, hard drives being kept cool is nice, but any additional airflow through the chassis like this is a good thing).

I don't know if I'd hit the problem with the bottom-mounted HDD dock as much as Ryan did, but the FP wire problem could have also been easily prevented.

Expensive at $180, but damn, what a drool-worthy chassis. And I'm not even a chassis guy.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I might make a case convert out of him yet!

This was an absolute dream to work with. I can't wait to dig into the next one.

Stay tuned!