Core i7 920 - $230 at Frys

(Courtesy of Slick Deals)

Frys will have the Core i7 930 on sale for $230 starting Friday. Not sure if this deal is going to be available online, but it's worth checking.

Move the franchise to the east coast already!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Awesome! I was just at our Fry's today. I will have to make a run back up there tomorrow and pick one up. No better time to start a new build than when they have a deal like this. Good looking out!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for an i7 today
Wish I had got this, this paycheck instead of watercooling items
You never know...eh?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I still don't understand how these companies make cash on these things when the per 1,000 cost is much higher than that. Either way, that's one heck of a fantastic deal.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I still don't understand how these companies make cash on these things when the per 1,000 cost is much higher than that. Either way, that's one heck of a fantastic deal.

Fry's always does weekly sales on CPUs, every now and then they are lossleader sales like this one... Last summer I grabbed a Q9450 from them for something around $120 below Newegg's price and they even threw in a cheap ECS 7150 IGP board, which at least offset the sales tax.

It's why I love Fry's so much... they might not offer the best prices, but they certainly do offer the best deals to lure people into their stores...