Coolit Freezone

Syran

Obliviot
I just got one, and I noticed air-bubbles in the coolant lines. Should I be seeing these? This is my first time playing with anything close to WC, and I just am a bit worried, since most of the WC stuff I've read says you should run it for a while to purge it of any air bubbles in the system.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't think bubbles should be a problem, unless they don't go away. Wait two days, and if they still appear, contact CoolIT support and take it up with them.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Um, the CoolIT Freezone and all the rest are meant to be closed loops, right? There should not be any air bubbles, and if there are they won't be going anywhere.

If you still see them call CoolIT about it, they should not be any in a closed WC system such as they sell.

Doctor_Death

Obliviot
I sent you a message on this. I just joined today and read about your problem. I am also a reseller for coolit. Read the message i sent to you and get back to me.

Thanks

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
1.5 years later and the Freezone temps keep rising.
I had a blue screen from high temps.
Unit is cleaned with air often but temps keep rising.
I have the module turned all the way cooler and no change.
Seems like there is no change in settings, no matter what adjustments I make....maybe the colling module?
It was good while it lasted, now thinking water cooling.

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Seems like there is no change in settings, no matter what adjustments I make....maybe the colling module?

Does the unit make as much noise as it used to? You might want to take that up with CoolIT support... they could probably tell you if there is a problem.

If your computer crashes because it overheats with that cooler, there's definitely a problem.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I tapped the punp and the temps came back down to 29C, it's been over a year so no warrenty.
I moved the G25 over to the E8400.
I brought the quad down to stock before moving the wheel and the temps didnt change, still was hugh.
So it's intermitant cooling on the CooIt
I dont trust it anymore....lol

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Kudos to you for purchasing another when the one you had was borked after only one year... I wouldn't have. I don't know of anyone else who has had a CoolIT long enough to voice an opinion, but I'd love to know the experiences of others.

I know when we hooked up a CoolIT Freezone to a computer last fall at a LAN party, it wasn't keeping good temperatures either. So I'm wondering if there is a long-term problem with these things.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Kudos to you for purchasing another when the one you had was borked after only one year... I wouldn't have. I don't know of anyone else who has had a CoolIT long enough to voice an opinion, but I'd love to know the experiences of others.

I know when we hooked up a CoolIT Freezone to a computer last fall at a LAN party, it wasn't keeping good temperatures either. So I'm wondering if there is a long-term problem with these things.
The very first one I RMA'd for barely cooling, then the one they sent cooled really good. Tapping on the pump nay be some indication of the pump lagging, I intend on breaking it down ( since warrantee is out ) for an inspection and then putting on the E8400 * replacing the Zalman 9700LED
Any parts I may need I can get from Sean, they are great at CoolIt for helping and I cant say that about many companies.

Merlin