CoolIT Freezone Elite CPU Cooler

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
We will be doing our own reviews of these coolers as well in the very near future so as I said, stay tuned!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Whoa, Elf, you should have waited just one more day to post your initial post... you would have made it exactly one year from the last post in the thread! Oh well, close enough :D

It is funny how I always find myself back here!

Or you could do what all the cool cats do and just never leave! :p

I understand you on the heat issue though. Check out this thread to get an idea about what I'm talking about. I have a feeling the V8 is a little more competent than the cooler I'm using, but it's also far larger.

As for the H50, it's too bad the delta is modest like that. Corsair had a demo at Computex that showed a ~10 - 13°C difference... where is it you saw a 3°C difference? Either way, we're rushing through things here to get Bill hooked up with that i7-965 machine as soon as possible, and we have an H50 here, so I'm really hoping to have these results within the next few weeks (realistically it might take 3 - 4 sadly thanks to our CPU test revisions that are taking forever).

I'd have to imagine that the CoolIT cooler would work FAR better than Corsair's. After all, it's not simple water-cooling, but rather a full-fledged TEC. It also costs far more though, so it should be far better.

If Bill has this bad boy still on-hand, we'll be sure to get it all tested once the machine is built.

TheFocusElf

Obliviot
You know me Rob, I was never good at Forums! Even in our Warcry days. I'd submit my pieces, and get back in game or whatever!

The review I had read of this Freezone was over at Hexus, found it via google search, came back here because your review was linked by the manufacturer, so I hope they're paying sponsorship!

Maybe I'd stick it out more if my user title weren't so damned demeaning! :D

Good luck building the i7 965 machine, I think my next project is a i7 920 lapping... I look forward to it in fact! I believe it is to involve a Lian Li Terror Cube (343b) also, and might represent my first forray into full-on watercooling.

Last edited: