CoolIt Eliminator CPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
CoolIT has followed up to their successful Freezone cooler with a more affordable solution called the Eliminator. It has the same technology under the hood, but does its cooling ability aide it in being worth the asking price?

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
That reviewer had one sexy thumb. I mean look at the picture on the third page. Dreamy!

U

Unregistered

haha, lol...What were the overclocked specs?

~Ibrahim~

Vysion

Obliviot
My eliminator worked amazingly, just for one day. They talk about reliability. I just hope they honor their warranty.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I certainly hope they do as well! Although, I have no reason to believe that they wouldn't. What exactly happened?

D

d.scott

Eliminator 120mm fan mod

Greg says in his article:

"There have actually been people who've removed the fan and placed a 120mm on the unit with much success."

I would be interested in seeing his references to this. I saw this article on Google and was wondering the same thing.

I just installed the Eliminator last night and it works great - it got my temps from around 44 degrees down to 24 at idle, so it's quite effective. The thing is, it sounds like a freaking jet engine! It's LOUD, and I'd definitely be interested in modding it to make it quieter.

I have a spare Antec Tricool 120mm fan that has both a three pin connector and the standard 4-pin Molex connector. It also has a three-way switch to set the fan at low, medium and high speeds. I saw the 92mm to 120 mm adapter, and that possibility is an interesting one, but I wonder how feasible it would be because it's made of plastic, and the Eliminator is a HEAVY piece of kit.

I was also thinking of "piggybacking" the whole setup onto the 120mm fan, but the weight of the Eliminator again is pretty concerning in this scenario because the fans are made of hard, clear plastic and I'd doubt that the fan would hold up with all that weight anchored to it.

No doubt a 120mm fan would be quieter - just gotta figure out how to do it first.

D.SCOTT