Conroe has entered the building...

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am torn between the E6600 and the E6700. There is no way in hell that I can afford a E6800 but from the looks of it, the 6600s and the 6700s OC to about the same level so I might just save some money and get the E6600.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I can't afford to go for another pc right now, but Intel sure does have some nice options. Incredible performance with these new chips, and the prices aren't terrible either. A 6600 that oc's to a 6800, that'd be my pick.

I'm not leaving AMD out yet. In a couple years when I build a new rig I'll weigh the options.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
E6700 for me, just not right away. It's apparently the best CPU for overclocking, multiplier wise.

werty316

Partition Master
I'd buy the E6300 since I prefer cheaper chips just like how the 3000+ Venice is a great OC'ing chip; and yes I use a 3000+ and it OCs to 2.4GHz @ stock 1.4V volts just fine. It seems the Core2Duo chips OC really well. Intel is definitely back on top with the Conroe. Even the E6300 own a 3800+ X2 when both are clocked the same. So unless AMD's K8L or AM3 brings something to the table the E6300 or E6400 will most likey be my first jump into DDR2.

E6300 Review

Also Bit-tech has a great article comparing 2MB vs 4MB cache and the difference isn't much.

Last edited: