CM Storm Sentinel Advance Gaming Mouse

eunoia

Partition Master
Yep... in fact we had that conversation here not long ago...

http://forums.techgage.com/showthread.php?t=4945

It was designed to force you to move your fingers off home row for all but about a dozen English words and to put the more common letters under the left hand... In fact it was done to slow typists down enough that mechanical typewriters could keep up.

But that's a different issue. Here you have something shaped specifically for the right hand with out a mirror image for the left. It actually excludes a fair chunk of the population from buying the product... not good for business and not good for consumers.

I'm going to use my Obliviot chip(a bit earlier than I wanted to) for the prior thread.

My point though is that I'm not insensitive to your having to adapt to arbitrary standards, but that those standards, however ridiculous, are necessary.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
My point though is that I'm not insensitive to your having to adapt to arbitrary standards, but that those standards, however ridiculous, are necessary.

"Arbitrary" and "Necessary" are antonyms... By definition something that is necessary cannot be arbitrary and visa versa. I say this not to pick on you but to suggest that some things are indeed necessary ... like doors of a certain height or seats of a certain width, and we do pretty much have to get along with that. However, I see no good reason that a sinistralist has to conform to an adroitist only world... it's like asking me to change my race or sexual orientaiton.

But yes sometimes we do have to accept stuff and move on. There are lots of other mice I can buy... a lot cheaper than that one so this is their loss.

I was simply trying to point out that I was set to go out and buy one, until I read that line about it being ergonomically designed for the right hand... I checked, there's no left handed version so I cannot use that mouse... and I think that should cost them a star or two on the reviews.

Last edited:

gibbersome

Coastermaker
I was simply trying to point out that I was set to go out and buy one, until I read that line about it being ergonomically designed for the right hand... I checked, there's no left handed version so I cannot use that mouse... and I think that should cost them a star or two on the reviews.

If it was only designed for the left hand, would it still lose "a star or two" as well?

It's a good mouse for right-handed people, and they could really get some fans by making a left handed one soon. But I can understand with the initial manufacturing cost, it might not be cost effective. Plus, there would be even more of an uproar if they charged a premium for the left handed version.

Of course there are times when right handed people need a left handed mouse, but since this is a family friendly forum....somethings are better left unsaid. :eek:

Last edited:

eunoia

Partition Master
"Arbitrary" and "Necessary" are antonyms....

No.

I can tell you are passionate about this, but it's clouding your reason and you're extending. Sorry you got hit with a ruler. That was not right.

Here you have something shaped specifically for the right hand with out a mirror image for the left. It actually excludes a fair chunk of the population from buying the product... not good for business and not good for consumers.

Standards are good for business and good (well, like Windows, the lesser of two evils anyhow) for the consumer. What you're demanding for is custom products, which is fine, but at the same price as the standardized ones, which is a dream.

Almost all animals in the wild are left-pawed, in that when they walk they lead with their front left foot.

That could also mean that they push off with their right, and are hence right-footed. This is eristics.

Now that it's not an issue with educators, the numbers are rising almost every year 25% is probably about right given that it should (logically) be 50/50.

Why would it be 50/50 in humans and not in nature where you claim a vast majority of animals share this trait?

So, in short, your campaign though laudable should focus on the fairness of right-handers subsidizing left-handers. Don't try to fool us into believing there's anything in it for us.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
So, in short, your campaign though laudable should focus on the fairness of right-handers subsidizing left-handers. Don't try to fool us into believing there's anything in it for us.

"subsidizing" .... you mean the way the US subsidized Blacks?

I'm thinking you need to give this a WHOLE lot more thought.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I just wanted to chime in here and say I haven't forgotten about this thread, but after reading through, I've decided to just not discuss it further.

I can't believe that out of 25 or so replies, only one or two had anything to do with this mouse specifically.

gibbersome

Coastermaker
I just wanted to chime in here and say I haven't forgotten about this thread, but after reading through, I've decided to just not discuss it further.

I can't believe that out of 25 or so replies, only one or two had anything to do with this mouse specifically.

errrr....yeah :eek:

The OLED display is kinda cool. :)

On a side note, anyone notice this mouse bears a striking resemblance to this one?

http://imgur.com/RMwAN.png

Phineas

Obliviot
They had me, right up to the part about "Right hand ergonomic design".

Y'know close to 25% of the world is left handed....

Unfortunately, 75% of the world does not care, lol.

Ooh, now we're getting to the real core issues facing our world.

I couldn't give a fiddler's flick for left or right handed anything....I'm ambidextrous.