Classics Soon to Return: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Nights & Jet Set

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The next couple of months are going to be great for classic game re-releases, and if you were a big fan of either the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast or Sony PlayStation, you're going to have reason to get excited. A game I am stuper-stoked for, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, is set to hit Xbox Live on July 18th and PSN sometime soon after. Essentially a graphically-enhanced remake of the original two Tony Hawk titles, HD brings back some of the series' most iconic levels and memorable music.

tony_hawks_pro_skater_hd_071012.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
A straight port with only updated graphics is something I can live with and support, Baldur's Gate HD is getting additional DLC after it's released so damn greedy, I hate it.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Sorry, I stopped reading after I saw no mention of a Syndicate HD remake. I reached the end of the post and nothing. Now, anyone that mentions a certain title with the same name by a certain large publisher, released recently, will be castrated with a spoon...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A straight port with only updated graphics is something I can live with and support, Baldur's Gate HD is getting additional DLC after it's released so damn greedy, I hate it.

Is the main problem you have the fact that the DLC should be included with the game, or something else? I am just not totally sure I understand the issue.

Sorry, I stopped reading after I saw no mention of a Syndicate HD remake. I reached the end of the post and nothing. Now, anyone that mentions a certain title with the same name by a certain large publisher, released recently, will be castrated with a spoon...

I'm confused... what? If there's a re-release of the original Syndicate, Google couldn't even help me out.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Is the main problem you have the fact that the DLC should be included with the game, or something else? I am just not totally sure I understand the issue.

They shove DLC in these upgrades or change the game in one way or another, it's stupid. Keep them the way they are and just update the graphics, it's all we need.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Sorry, I stopped reading after I saw no mention of a Syndicate HD remake.

Meaning, I want an announcement of a remake of some kind that's like the original, not some convoluted, genre switching reimagining that has nothing to do with the original. A GOG release is one thing, but the game was still meant for really low resolution monitors, like EGA. But hey, it's hard to update a game and keep the same style considering it was 16 colours to begin with.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I played the hell out of Jet Set Radio. The look and feel of the game was unlike anything else at the time and is still pretty unique. Wasn't there a Japan-only sequel released?

***EDIT: Wikipedia proves me wrong yet again. The sequel was released on the XBox worldwide.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
They shove DLC in these upgrades or change the game in one way or another, it's stupid. Keep them the way they are and just update the graphics, it's all we need.

I see, and for the most part I agree.

Meaning, I want an announcement of a remake of some kind that's like the original, not some convoluted, genre switching reimagining that has nothing to do with the original. A GOG release is one thing, but the game was still meant for really low resolution monitors, like EGA. But hey, it's hard to update a game and keep the same style considering it was 16 colours to begin with.

If the game runs through ScummVM, there are ways to increase the resolution and smooth out the graphics.

I played the hell out of Jet Set Radio. The look and feel of the game was unlike anything else at the time and is still pretty unique. Wasn't there a Japan-only sequel released?

***EDIT: Wikipedia proves me wrong yet again. The sequel was released on the XBox worldwide.

The sequel was great, but the fact that it was only for the Xbox blows. It's a series that's just dying for a sequel. Seriously. But I know if we do get one, it's going to SUCK because that's just how the world works.