Charity LAN Party on Nov 10-12 offered by Intel & Dell

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Hey guys! Next month, if you find yourself wanting to game, head on over to Austin Texas and game for a good cause!

Austin's Recreational Intel Gamers Group [RIGG] (an Intel employee gaming club) and some cool gamers from Dell have come together to put on a LAN party for the benefit of the UnitedWay and the Texas gaming community. There will be tournaments, prizes, and a lot of time for gaming - whether you are an über gamer or a noobie.

When: November 10-12, 2006
Where: Camp Mabry / Building 75 / Maintenance Drive / Austin, TX 78703

The Maintenance Drive entrance to Camp Mabry is located across the street from
3111 W 35th Street
Austin, TX 78703

Cost:
$25 (pre registration) donated to UnitedWay or $30 (at the door) donated to UnitedWay
$5 (requested at the door) for spectators (who aren't in the byoc)

Maximum estimated Capacity: 300 players

This event is open to the public and we encourage you to pre-register to ensure you will get a seat. To register follow the instructions at:
http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=119241
Pre-registering will allow for easier access to Camp Mabry and BYOC secruity.

More information along with rules and sponsor list is available at:
http://infernaledge.com/austin/

More information will be posted to the Dell community forums @
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=game-gen

Or here in the AustinModders forums.
For General Questions about the event
Tournament News / Suggestions

We are in need of volunteers to help with the event - specifically for Setup and Teardown. People who sign up on forums to help with setup and teardown will be allowed to setup early - as soon as the work is done.

We are also seeking groups to help run various tournments; please feel free to offer help if you have that type of expertise. More details for Volunteering will posted to the Volunteer forum.

Also, I'd like to take this moment to thank Rob for allowing me to post this up here, and being so suportive of this event! Thanks bro... much appreciated. :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Bump. There are a lot of people in this area that roam these forums. What are you waiting for?

leecho7

Partition Master
Why is everything happening in Austin Texas? There the awesome lan party coming up soon, there was that thing some time ago, along with that other cool thing that came right after that really awesome thing...

I've been to Austin before, nice place. Wish I had time and the finances to head back for the lan-party.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
TD,

I am working like hell to find someone to cover your event for Techgage. I think this would help let everyone know that this is a charity event, which is quite noble to be honest. There is a lot of work invested by many in the setup, maintaining and tear down of any LAN event, large or small. I wish I could go, I am sure it will be a blast.

Greg

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Thanks bro!
Yeah... we (meaning:the guys responsible for hte LAN) need to get the word out something fierce. I dont think that 1 month is enough time to ramp this up to where we need it... but we are going to give it our best try!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
As much as I don't want to suggest dealing with the enemy, you might try emailing HardOCP about it. They are all about charity work and would more than likely help you out with spreading the word.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Camp Mabry will be allowing a "tent city" to be erected west of Building 75 on the grassy area.

No vehicles will be allowed in this area; but attendees are welcome to bring tents and/or sleeping bags for use in this area. On average November is somewhat mild in Austin, TX; however, tent city participants should plan for both hot and cold temperature conditions.
The sponsors nor Camp Mabry will be providing security for the "tent city" so get to know your neighbors and do not leave valuables unattended.

Showers are provided in the Men's bathroom for the benefit of all male attendees. You will need to bring your own necessities (soap, shampoo, towels) and clean up after yourself. Odorous attendees are subject to immediate exile to the showers... so come freshly bathed and odor free. :wink:

Unlike other lan events; sleeping at your gamming rig is ok... but the BYOC will be running 24 a day; your ability to sleep may be hindered by various activities. ;)

Immediate vicinity of Hotel accommodations is somewhat scarce. Watch this thread and Forums for details on suggested hotels.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
There will be plenty of swag at Charity Lan Event...
Some prizes will be given to the winners of our Tournaments; but a majority of these prizes will be available as part of random raffles. So; what are you waiting for.... pre-register already!

We'll post more details and exact prizes available as they arrive; but we wanted to wet your appetite all the swag. Here are the vendors sending swag - in alphabetical order:

Intel
Other than Power, tables/chairs, and items to make the lan possible; Intel will be providing numerous prizes of significant value... Who knows... maybe even a newly release product or two. ;)

Dell
As a major co-sponsor; Dell expects to be providing XPS 700 systems for servers, Veterans, and BYOC rental. More information when we can solidify plans.

APCC
Belkin
Creative
EVGA
Logitech
SIIG
XFX

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
WOO HOO!!!
Dell and Intel are pleased to announce that XPS 700 systems will be able for rent at the charity event. This is an opportune time to check out the powerhouse that the XPS 700 is!

The fee for rental is only $25 (plus the $25 BYOC donation), which includes the XPS 700, mouse, keyboard, and monitor. You will need to bring your own headphones/headset.

All rental proceeds will be donated to United Way.

Signup for system rental is available on the registration form. You must pre-register in order to reserve a XPS for your use.
http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=119241

Games pre-loaded:
America’s Army, Fear Combat, EnemyTerritory

For any other games you will need to bring your own software. If you wish to leave with any info form the event you will also need to bring your own resources (such as a USB Hard Drive)

More Specs on the systems to come!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Yet another reason I wish I was going. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun Tech. Cheers to charity!

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Sponsor Expected prize list
-----------------------------------------
Intel Intel "BadAxe" motherboards and Extreme Edition CPUs
APCC 1100VA UPS
Belkin
Bigfoot Networks Killer Nics
Creative Labs X-Fi Fatality, X-fi Extreme Gamer, Fatality mice
EVGA
Logitech
Razer Copperheads, Exactmats
Saitek X52 Flight control systems
SIIG AVTuner Plus, AVTuner Pro PVR, Firewire 800 Express bus card, USB 2 to 1 switch
Tripplite Smart 1000LCD UPS
Turtle Beach HPA X1s, HPA headsets
Wolfking Wolfking Gaming keyboards
XFX 7950 GX2 XXX, (a new video card product), Xgear gamepads, Xgear headsets

We over 120 valuable prizes in our "warehouse" for this event. Do the math: That's almost one prize for every two people. By valuable - we do not mean tshirts and other marketting swag. This list does not include the truckload of CoolerMaster parts and cases that were generously donated!!! Or the DFI/Intel Crossfire motherboard!!!

These prizes are of course based upon a full house of 300 pre-registered at the lan party. Sign up now; slackers!

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
XFX 5 Xgear gamepad
XFX 1 7950 GX2 XXX
XFX 1 G80
XFX 5 Xgear headsets
Turtle Beach 5 HPA headsets
Turtle Beach 1 HPA X1
Saitek 8 X52 Flight control system
Razer 5 Razer Exactmat
Razer 5 Razer Copperhead
APC 1 1100VA UPS
Tripplite 1 Smart 1000LCD UPS
Creative Labs 1 X-Fi Fatality
Creative Labs 3 X-fi Extreme Gamer
Creative Labs 4 Fatal1ty mouse
Creative Labs 2 Fatal1ty headset
Wolfking 3 Wolfking Gaming keyboard
Siig 1 Firewire 800 Exppress bus card
Siig 1 AVTuner Pro PVR
Siig 1 AVTuner Plus
Siig 1 USB 2 to 1 switch
Ideazon 8 Fang
Ideazon 9 Merc
Ideazon 4 Zboard
Ideazon 1 AOE keyset
Ideazon 2 WOW keyset
Ideazon 1 BF2 keyset
Ideazon 3 COD 2 keyset
Pinnacle 1 PCTV 50i
Pinnacle 1 Studio Moviebox Deluxe
Pinnacle 1 Dazzle Video Creator 90
Logitech 15 Rumblepad 2
Ergotron 1 LX Dual Lift Stand
Sandisk 10 Crossfire Gaming 1GB USB keys
Bigfoot Networks 3 Killer Nic
Belkin 2 F8GFPC100 Nostromo
Belkin 1 N1 ROUTER
Belkin 1 F8E262-BLK Mousepad
Belkin 1 F6C550-AVR UPS
Ergodex 1 DX-1
Logitech 1 Momo steering wheel
Logitech 2 G5 mouse
Logitech 2 G7 mouse
Logitech 1 G25 steeriing wheel
Logitech 2 G15 keyboard
Logitech 2 G11 keyboard
Logitech 2 G3 mouse
Logitech 1 Extreme 3D pro joystick
Logitech 1 Attack 3 joystick
Logitech 2 Dual action gamepad
EVGA TBD motherboards? cards?
Intel TBD procs? motherboards? couuuuuld beee?
Coolermaster 5 Centuion 534
Coolermaster 5 CoolDrive Lite
Coolermaster 5 CoolDrive 3
Coolermaster 3 Aerogate 3
DFI Infinity 975 X/G (Crossfire)

*gulp*

And more stuff is on the way! ;)

Spread the word and get your butts down to Austin! Right now... "everyone" is going home with *something*... and I'm not talking just a tshirt!!! :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Very hard core there TechDaddy. Wish I could make it. Want to relocate to Indy next year? :D

Best of luck!

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
I'll post up some pics later on, but I just wanted to say that the LAN kicked some serious ass... and was (quite likely) the *most* fun I have had at a LAN party... and that includes the Quakecons!

;)

Big time thank you to Rob for his assistance in helping me get the schwagg count up.... EVERYONE really appreciated the assistance!
:D :D :D :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Glad to hear. Could this be a yearly event? I am hoping so! I will make the trip from Indianer down to Texas next year should this happen again.

Very glad that this was a success! Anything for charity is, for a lack of a better word, unselfish. Good going.