Case Fans

Krazy K

Partition Master
Merlin,

Not to pick on you for those gaudy expensive fans you bought a while ago but, how are you liking them? I just got my Cosmos 1000 and the 4 stock fans are a bit rattly.

I have the stock fans plugged right into a molex so this might be misleading but if anyone has something they like and would recommend, I would heed your advice and get what you think works the best.

Krazy K

Partition Master
Them be the ones. I still can't stand the color, but I could take a rattle can to them and make it all black. So if you like them then I'll get some on order.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Depends what you want most. Performance, or silence, or both with a fan controller?

Merlin's suggestion with the Noctua P12 fans are absolutely silent and do not require a controller whatsoever. To stay silent they don't push huge amounts of air though.

Thumper's suggestion of the Silverstone FM121 are very dependable fans that push an incredible amount of airflow at speed. They are only silent at the absolute lowest fan controller speed (to my ears), anything higher and they get loud fast. I can't run one of them without a fan controller, they're just to loud for me.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
The Noctua's have the best possible performance of all quiet fans. I love mine to pieces and actually need 2 more for my case so I can trash the lousy noisy Zalman fans.......