Capcom Disallows Deleting Save Progress with Latest NDS Title

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
More often than not, if I return to a game after not touching it for a while, I'll start my quest over from the start, to take in the game as if it were my first time through. In fact, I am currently doing this with Mafia II for the third time, and have been loving it. Well, imagine if you were to purchase a game where starting over from scratch simply wasn't possible. Unlikely? Don't bet on it.

resident_evil_nds_063011.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
This game I think will be avoided like the plague because of that save decision. I've heard of a lot boycotts going Capcom's way because of this, not just for this title but others as well. I bet they will only hold true on this one though, none of these people can hold out for as long as they say they will.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
If I were caught up in a zombie apocalypse, the first thing I'd do is hit up an armoury and load myself up with shit-ton of guns. Maybe a tank. I do love the occasional tank, you know.

Anyway, this mentality usually means that on the first go through I tend to run out of ammo, leaving myself in a tight spot that usually requires a restart. Taking away a user's ability to even do this is ludicrous!

Capcom is all about the money on this one and are hurting themselves but also those stores who thrive on used game sales such as EB Games/GameStop. Those stores are not going to sell as many copies but also will not be able to buy them back and sell them again at a profit.

Even game rental stores would be affected although I don't know of anybody who rents games for this platform.

Stupid move all around.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Is it just me or are these Game Devs. getting crazier and crazier?!? :D

It is just you. ;)

J/K!

I have to totally agree with ya... It never ceases to impress me what new ideas game devs can conjure up in the name of money-grabbing. Piracy doesn't even have a thing to do with this decision... if I did own a 360 this would be one game (and studio) I'd make sure to stay away from.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
can u believe this Jerk!! :eek:

I can believe anything that they think will make them any extra money. Look at what they did for Mass Effect 2 with that Cerberus network for free DLC, if it's so free why do you have to pay $15 for it?

There all jerks trying to just get a ton of money out of us for no good reason imo, we paid for the game and we pay for dlc why do we have to keep for this sort of crap?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Kougar said:
I have to totally agree with ya... It never ceases to impress me what new ideas game devs can conjure up in the name of money-grabbing. Piracy doesn't even have a thing to do with this decision

That's the funny thing. Usually these rash decisions are a result of some method to curb piracy, but this move has nothing at all to do with that. It all boils down to screwing over the customer in order to (hopefully) earn more revenue. It's pathetic.

Doomsday said:
Last year some CEO or someone from Activision said they should start charging extra and separately for the CGI movies/in-game cut-scenes!

Ahh yes, Bobby Kotick. Given people keep paying, I am not sure I could say he'll be responsible for the death of Activision, but he's sure as hell the reason Activision is no longer about creating epic games as much a company seeking out to nickel and dime their customers by any measure possible.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Yeah... even back in the day Activision was griped often regarding their DRM restrictions, but Star Trek Armada was still a good game. So annoying all the really good game studios went under, Interplay, Taldren, even Totally Games...

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
These days you often don't even get what you pay for. Don't play a game for a few days; you have to reregister. You've gotta stay connected to their servers at all times, even for single-player. They keep increasing the prices.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Yeah... even back in the day Activision was griped often regarding their DRM restrictions, but Star Trek Armada was still a good game. So annoying all the really good game studios went under, Interplay, Taldren, even Totally Games...

I miss Westwood Studios and their RTSs!! :(

Gimme another DUNE game EA! And dont screw it up like Tiberium Twilight!:mad:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I miss Westwood Studios and their RTSs!! :(

Gimme another DUNE game EA! And dont screw it up like Tiberium Twilight!:mad:

I second the motion!

EA really f***ed over that studio when they were bought out. I am still worried for Bioware with their Activision merger and after Dragon Age II, I have ever right to be I think!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I second the motion!

EA really f***ed over that studio when they were bought out. I am still worried for Bioware with their Activision merger and after Dragon Age II, I have ever right to be I think!

Bioware and Activision merger?!? Activision is already merged with Blizzard!!! :eek: