Can you drink milk?

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
No Fat skim milk is a very good source of calcium and protein! i drink 3 glasses a day. morning..evening(post workout) and before going to bed!

Maus

Obliviot
The only time I drink milk is when it's in a latte. Otherwise, I can't stand the smell or taste. *is calcium deficient*

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I have been thinking about gnawing on a bone ... for the calcium.

I'm being a smart a$$ & wondering what stone age man did for Ca.:rolleyes:

Psi*

Tech Monkey
No Fat skim milk is a very good source of calcium and protein! i drink 3 glasses a day. morning..evening(post workout) and before going to bed!

I have been looking for an excuse to tell people about this & never would have guessed that the opportunity would have occurred in a "tech" forum. But check this out. Google "chocolate milk after workout" & you will find all kinds of reasons to drink chocolate milk (non fat?) after a workout. I like a good cardio & muscle workout ... http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_200/247_fitness_tip.html ... "askmen" + the "net" and it must be so.

Actually I do workout nearly everyday & have been able to stop taking blood pressure pills which was the goal. :cool: I had/have a hard time believing the muscle-types & their drinking their $50 bottles of post workout cool-aide drinks. But chocolate milk, I can do.

Pity the lactose intolerant.:( Anyway, being of the self employed the workout gives me another 6 hours. Yea milk and yea chocolate milk.

gibbersome

Coastermaker
I have been looking for an excuse to tell people about this & never would have guessed that the opportunity would have occurred in a "tech" forum. But check this out. Google "chocolate milk after workout" & you will find all kinds of reasons to drink chocolate milk (non fat?) after a workout. I like a good cardio & muscle workout ... http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_200/247_fitness_tip.html ... "askmen" + the "net" and it must be so.

Actually I do workout nearly everyday & have been able to stop taking blood pressure pills which was the goal. :cool: I had/have a hard time believing the muscle-types & their drinking their $50 bottles of post workout cool-aide drinks. But chocolate milk, I can do.

Pity the lactose intolerant.:( Anyway, being of the self employed the workout gives me another 6 hours. Yea milk and yea chocolate milk.

Thanks for sharing Psi. That's a very interesting article. I'm going to have dig deeper into it!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie

hey thanx man.. i usually put 4 tsp of powdered skim milk and 2 tsp of Milo in a blender with ice and water and BLENDD!!!. And...... Wallah..good nutritional chocolate shake! I am also thinking of going for 100% natural Whey protein now that i have started some proper weight lifting...

Last edited:

slugbug

Coastermaker
I try to drink at least one glass of 2% a day. When I worked in Printing some years ago I found the solvents irritated my throat. After work an ice cold glass of milk really hit the spot.