Can Gaming Lead You to a Career?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Have you ever played a video game and thought, "I could SO do that in real-life.", but never actually attempt it? It could be something that requires real skill, like scaling a building, jumping from one roof top to the next, or something little more realistic, like racing. Of course, even if you master something inside of a video game, it means absolutely nothing in the real world. Even as far as racing goes, a steering wheel is not the same as a gamepad.

gran_turismo_120409.jpg

You can read the rest of our news post here.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
If gaming translated into real life --and thank god it doesn't-- I would be so screwed. My entire experience at computer games amounts to about 60 games of solitaire before I got bored with it and deleted the program.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
i could play for Manchester United and get paid in 7 figures!

For most of them, that's 8 figures ;-)

2Tired2Tango said:
My entire experience at computer games amounts to about 60 games of solitaire before I got bored with it and deleted the program.

Haha! Yes, best you don't equate life with a game, I agree ;-)

Syrix

Obliviot
I always felt like i was born to drive races :p
Its full of adrenaline and it just keeps your heart beating!

But i know that's how i feel ingame, i whould probably suck @ real life xD

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
I always felt like i was born to drive races :p
Its full of adrenaline and it just keeps your heart beating!

But i know that's how i feel ingame, i whould probably suck @ real life xD

I don't know how old you are but one way to test your metal is to hit the GoCart tracks. I used to love blasting around corners and running right up some guy's tail pipe on the straightaways as a kid. In my 20s I spent a bit of time on the amateur Road Rallye circuit (precision driving, not simply racing) and managed to take home a couple of second place trophies.

Then I tried a couple of the earlier racing games on an afternoon... and massively sucked at it! My friends called me "King Crash" for weeks after.

Syrix

Obliviot
I don't know how old you are but one way to test your metal is to hit the GoCart tracks.

I'm from a country that doesen't have all that fun... i mean, sure GoCart tracks and races do exists here, but not anywhere near my town or such...

But you gave me a good idea, i gotta test my skills :p