Call of Duty 4 - -Modern Warfare

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Just got the game today and I like it.
The graphics and the surround sound are really good.
I read that most do not get a good jump from the ship and the recording was like in the Matrix " No body makes it the First Time"...But I did make it....lol

The colors are really rich in detail and there are all kinds of things going on all around as you play.
I'll play a little more and see how it goes for the rest of the game

Merlin

FISH

Obliviot
Hello Merlin....you should hop on and play multiplayer...it's a great, though challenging, experience.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Hello Merlin....you should hop on and play multiplayer...it's a great, though challenging, experience.

Well, it doesnt see punkbuster, gives me errors
I guess I need to delete and reload?
I didnt accept it when I loaded the game, thinking I could do it later.

I'd like the see the online gaming

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hmm. I wonder if you have a security application installed that halted its installation? I use the game through Steam when I benchmark and it installed PunkBuster no problem.

Check your task manager and see if PnkBustrA.exe (or something like that) and PnkBustrB.exe are running. If they are, then Punk Buster is running. You might also want to go to the PB installation directory, under /Program Files/... it's there somewhere. But inside, there is an updater which will bring the program to its latest version and hopefully fix the problem. In addition, when one of these updaters (I forget the name of it) is launched, it should show all compatible games installed. If CoD4 is not there, you can manually add it.

THUMPer

Coastermaker
/com_maxfps 125
/cg_draw fps 1

125 is the macig FPS. but you can see how high it goes just change it to 0 (unlimited) or to 300

FISH

Obliviot
and you are positive Windows Firewall isnt running in the background ?(forgive me if you are very computer savvy....you never know)

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
and you are positive Windows Firewall isnt running in the background ?(forgive me if you are very computer savvy....you never know)
Yup, turned off firewall and bit defender
tried it again and still the same.

Ahhhhh I'll just play the single player version.
got me stumped

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
As soon as I finish the single player game, I'll delete and the reload and see if thats the problem

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Yeah I thought it was great.
I went back on a few chapters, the one in the C-130 shooting down on the town.......That scene was taken from an actual mission recorded.

Ka Boom.......I bet he's pissed....must have had a full tank of gas