Call of Duty 2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Anyone who played the first Call of Duty realized it was a great game, with the focus on realism. Well, I just got done playing the demo for the new one, and I am very impressed. I am not even usally in to war games, but this is one I will definitely be picking up.

Check out a screenshot I took while playing through the demo :D

Attachments

• cod_2.jpg
    cod_2.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 914

Drew

E.M.I.
Found it Good

I actually got to play Call of Duty 2 at Futureshop because i am broke and cannot afford to buy it for the pc and definetly cannot afford the 360. I thought what i played of it was great. The graphics really amazed me and it really does look real, I am looking forward to after the holiday season when i can get out and buy it for the PC. I have also heard alot of good things about it at work. Give you my true thoughts once I actually have it.

SgtSethiol

Obliviot
I recently recieved COD2 as part of my 7800gt purchased and enjoyed the single player and multiplayer version very nicely.

Word.

E.M.I.
Yup CoD2 really does bring gaming to life, The first COD was good.
but now that CoD2 is out......... its just awesome!

Kilamon

E.M.I.
The graphics are really beautiful. I only have the demo as well, but I played it on my 61" HD TV the other day (native 1280x720) and my wife said it was more like watching an interactive movie than a game. She almost bought it for me just so she could watch it being played.

Lt. Dan

Obliviot
I've played COD2 through 2 times, and I've played quite a bit of multiplayer. There really isn't much re-play value in sp even at harder levels. One MAJOR problem with the mp is they didn't include cheat protection. Nothing worse than hit someone with 2 grenades and shoot them only to have them turn around and frag you. :( IW is promising some version of punk buster early this year, but we'll wait and see. Also, mp has very limited maps, and IW didn't include a map-makers. Seems to the COD community that IW has little interest in supporting their customers to keep the game going (as with UT2004, et. al.)

The graphics are great, but once you've beaten it a couple of times loses the interest.

MHO...... Lt. Dan

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, that's true with a lot of games though. I hate the fact that they have no cheat protection. Of course, so does Counter-Strike but I see people flying across the levels at times :-/

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I must be alone on this one but while I really enjoy the game, the graphics leave little to be desired to me. I think the graphics are good, but not as good as they have been pumped up to be. The physics suck and the smoke graphics make me laugh.

Dont get me wrong, the game itself is the shit. I just have a personal problem with the graphics. And before I get called out for not having a HD TV, the TV I first played this on was a "62 HDTV. While it looked better than my "27 TV, it didn't wow me like I thought it was going to do.