C.O.D. Black OPs gains dedicated servers! Gamers everywhere rejoice

madmat

Soup Nazi
Source

In a move that's sure to help ease (erase?) fears over the departure of a good chunk of the minds behind C.O.D. Modern Warfare 2, the next version, Black Ops, will regain dedicated servers for the C.O.D. franchise.

Call of Duty: Black Ops will be getting dedicated servers, according to studio head Mark Lamia.

When asked whether the popular feature would be present in Black Ops in the new issue of PC Zone, Lamia replied, "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to."

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'd like to say that this will make up for all that Infinity Ward did wrong with Modern Warfare 2, but that can never be the case. As far as I'm concerned, Infinity Ward simply doesn't give a damn about its customers. I come to this conclusion because the game suffers from hackers... there's a lot of them. Then there are issues half of the time to just get in a game, or having a friend from your crew get booted, so you all have to go back to the lobby. The issues just keep piling up.

But instead of fixing these, IW and Activision go ahead and release a $15 map pack, and has plans to launch another $15 map pack in the month ahead.

I still enjoy MW2 despite the issues, but I wish they didn't exist. I have no respect for IW any longer. None. Kudos to Treyarch for actually knowing how to treat its customers.