Borderlands Crashing

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Alright...I can't play Borderlands right now. It crashes on startup after the splash screen with this error (in attachment). Any help? Already updated drivers, reinstalled drivers, etc. No cigar. :confused:

Attachments

• Borderlands Error.jpg
    Borderlands Error.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,197

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Delete Borderlands.exe and then verify the game through steam and steam will redownload that file. I think it's something to do with the DLC, because you don't have to activate the DLC with the steam copy, they did some funny stuff to the exe. I believe that is the issue if not let us know man.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I had the GPF with Borderlands after I got Dr Ned DLC, the problem for me was the exe, I went looking around and found that some blame DLL, have you tried getting a cracked exe?

The only info other information I could find was that they did the Steam verification and fixed it or they just reinstalled completely.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Thanks, Rob. I trust your word, I'll try one of those. Btw, what the heck is a trainer? Some of the files are trainers.

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
A trainer lets you cheat by modifying the info in the ram. That was you don't trip a protection that prevents u from getting achievements.

I really thought that would fix, dammit. Well I got nothin left.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Well if you've tried those programs you'd probably have to redownload the thing anyway to get a clean copy, so I'd suggest that. I'd also ping Steam's support, since if this is a general issue they would've heard of similar cases before. Personally I've never experienced this error with my copy of Borderlands, though.

GPF's tend to me memory related... have you run Memtest or some Linpack tests to check the system is running perfectly smooth? Can't hurt anything while waiting for support to get back to ya, at least.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In addition to what Kougar recommended, I also had another thought come to my mind. It might be worth trying to move your entire Borderlands saved game folder to another place, in order to let the game recreate it. I almost wonder if there is a problem with your profile somehow, because I -think- I had a similar issue months and months ago. I ended up having to purge the profile but just replaced my saved game after-the-fact with the backup.

Profile folder is:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands