Blast from the...present?

GeekGirl

Obliviot
Why does the icon for
Disk Properties -> Tools -> Backup
show a CASSETTE and a 3 ½" FLOPPY?

backup.jpg

You go right ahead and backup that terabyte to cassette...I dare you.
:cool:

~Geek Girl

madmat

Soup Nazi
When XP came out there was only 1 terrabyte server in existence and it was on George Lucas' ranch where they do all the SFX for movies. A 40 gig hdd was well over $100 and I personally was running a 20. :) I love progress!

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
Tape drives are still a legitimate form of backup media and
floppies are, urr umm...:confused: .......OK I guess that icon could use an update:rolleyes:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
madmat said:
When XP came out there was only 1 terrabyte server in existence and it was on George Lucas' ranch where they do all the SFX for movies. A 40 gig hdd was well over $100 and I personally was running a 20. :) I love progress!

Hmm.. that sounds odd to me. 2002.. and only a single 1TB server in existance? I remember when I had a new AMD 333MHz, there was an ad in a computer business magazine that advertised storage up to 4TB.

Either way, that icon is old. Tape backup? Yes, if you are using a business PC maybe.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I use tape drives on a daily basis. They are still quite relevant.

Almost daily.

RazorBack

E.M.I.
I know tape drives are used an awful lot to backup stuff... my school uses tapes for long term backing up and archiving but they use an external USB2 HD to keep the backups from the last week.

Cassettes, what's the point lol!?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Id like to thank geekgirl for bringing this to our attention. I now know what must be done, we must form a group advocating that is the icon must remain old school, it needs to be wither a nintendo cartridge, or casset tape.