BFG 6800GT is hawt!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ahh, this is the third BFG 6800GT I've had to go through, and they just keep getting hotter and hotter! *snicker*

Attachments

• bfg6800gt_temps.jpg
    bfg6800gt_temps.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 641

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh yeah, it's not really that high because my computers been ripping music and a DVD for a few hours. 256 must be the max that it can go, going on an 8-Bit scale I assume. I found it funny anyway.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Remember when my 6800 was reporting like 270C? It'd also start showing -80C...Stupid SpeedFan issue there.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh, so it does go above 256. Look at that, Matt tries to ruin my ego again!

/me runs to a corner and cries like a baby who's GPU just blew up.

werty316

Partition Master
That is very weird indeed; you can cook up some eggs then. Does it run fine with no problems? It must be a sensor problem.

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
My 7800GT has 115C listed as the max temp in the display box, but I've never gotten over 45. Tends to get a bit unresponsive around there. Sadly, I think the stock heatsink works better than the Arctic Cooler 5 I bought. Yes it's silent but I don't think it moves enough air to keep the chip cool clocked as high as I am.

werty316

Partition Master
My GTX idles around 38c and load temps are around 47-50c. It stays quite cool I must say.

tomato

Obliviot
HOLY CRAP that's hot! :eek: It must be the max temp, else your card would be fried by now for sure! my card usually sits around 35-45 degrees celcius (the old 8500 LE needs to be put to rest :p)

dlfcobra

Obliviot
i've got a PNY 6800Gs which is overclocked from the factory to 425MHz and i've never had any problems with heat in it with the stock cooling??