BF3 long load times fix...

Kayden

Tech Monkey
If you are experiencing long load times with BF3, turn off Vsync. I went from over 1min to load time to less then 10sec, this is at the point when the game was showing me loading screen in game.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
My load times (separate Caviar Black drive with my gaming partition closest to the spindle) are up there pretty good but I figured it was the nature of the beast given the crazy amount of data that has to be loaded in comparison to Bad Company 2.

I'll give it a try tonight and see.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I do believe myne is off but this is on my old gaming laptop so its slow anyways :(

Video card is out for delivery. Only hours away YAY!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
If this is effecting AMD users as well I think I will put a post on BF3 forum. Any info you guys can give would be great!

@Optix - I tried 2 different drives to play this from and it never resolved it's self until I turned off Vsync. I was going crazy knowing a guy I was playing with had faster load times on a lower end rig. The only reason I caught it was because my bro said his wasn't on and he loaded up quickly the first time we were playing the other day after got it.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
My load times are around 8s to 10s with Vsync On, No AA and everything else on Ultra. So no problems there! :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Ultra at 1680x1050 at 32 FPS is doable on my rig in single player mode but the load times are pretty steep.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Well...that's my monitor's max res. 19.6" Acer X193W. Got it for Christmas from my parents 3 years ago. Still uses a VGA input. lol.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Yeah I know :/

I should hopefully have the money for the car by the end of the month, then to get my gf a Christmas present, THEN I can get the monitor :p