Best of CES 2008

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
We saw numerous products and technologies at CES earlier this month, but only ten of those deserved our "Best of" award. Included inside is Gateway's latest gaming notebook, Logitech's Squeezebox Duet, CoolIT's dual-GPU cooler, DisplayLink's USB display tech and more.

You can read our full "Best of" article here and discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

S-XGEN garbage

How can you give a 'best of' award to this 'product'. Did you not attend the 2007 CES? Did you not see the hype generated by the company flogging this product last year? They went a year without delivering a single unit to the market. The company is one guy and a couple of side-kicks pumping non-existent products so they can dump shares into the market. And, if you look carefully, you can see that this product was first introduced at CES 2004 by another company which also never brought it to market. Also, did you ask them what the selling price was going to be? How about distributors, or carrier relationships?

GeekGirl

Obliviot
I actually spent a lot of time talking to the people at this booth and toying with their prototype, because I thought it was one of the most innovative and useful things I'd seen there. While I'm sure I asked about the price, I don't have it written down, however if it was outrageous I would have walked away.

I was surprised that their press release stated production release for 2006, however my notes indicate they mentioned they were still prototyping. Yes, there were a lot of products that were promised over the years and never made it to market, but that doesn't prevent me from stating that I thought this product had a great deal of potential.

How can you give a 'best of' award to this 'product'. Did you not attend the 2007 CES? Did you not see the hype generated by the company flogging this product last year? They went a year without delivering a single unit to the market. The company is one guy and a couple of side-kicks pumping non-existent products so they can dump shares into the market. And, if you look carefully, you can see that this product was first introduced at CES 2004 by another company which also never brought it to market. Also, did you ask them what the selling price was going to be? How about distributors, or carrier relationships?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
last i checked smash bros brawl was delayed now for ~ a year past its initial release date. I still reserved a copy the other day. It still promises to kick ass.

What does come out on the initial release date these days?