Battlefield : Bad Company

Naish

E.M.I.
Picked it up today. Game was released on X360 & PS3

Mini-Review:
A solid game, best of the series yet, but only by a small margin. Makes you wonder what else they can do for Battlefield 3 (aside from y'know, releasing it on PC with stunning detail in comparison to the consoles). They've definitely cleared up a lot of the MP issues that the previous engine had.

Pros
New Multiplayer Mode is Great
Great graphics
Spectacular sound design
90% Destructible environments
Stat tracking/unlocks like BF2/2142

Cons
Cookie-cutter destructible buildings. You can take the thing down to its frame, but it looks the same every time.
Only 8 maps in multiplayer (though they've promised more for free)
Conquest isn't available from previous games (promised in a patch)

The single-player(though I haven't finished) is alright, the humor is pretty good, but there's a little bit too much of it. It's still plenty better than the previous Battlefield games. Personally I'd like to see more winter environments but maybe one of the map packs will bring that.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am such a newb when it comes to this series, but is this one much like BF2? I haven't touched the series since that game... couldn't get into it for some reason.

Naish

E.M.I.
without conquest I doubt i would enjoy multiplayer at all.

The new game mode is alright, it's basically 1-way-conquest.

They'll be releasing Conquest sometime this summer apparently. They had no plans for it but got bitched out during beta.

slugbug

Coastermaker
I like the game but the major problem with it is there's no prone. Your character can only stand up or kneel.