Battlefield 2142

LOOP

Obliviot
Wish I could play that game. I enjoyed the original Battlefield.

Unfortunately my current system could not handle the new version. I been on a Ti-4200 graphics card, since my piece of junk BFG 6800 card died on me. Have not had the funds to get a new graphics card yet.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That does look very very good. It reminds me too much of UT2k4 though :eek:. I'll probably end up checking out the demo and if it's ok then I'll buy it. They'll never replace the original no matter how you try. I just find that the first in any series is much better than the rest. I think it's the originality that holds you, and the next versions can't redo what's already been done.

=CDU=Above

Obliviot
Jakal said:
They'll never replace the original no matter how you try. I just find that the first in any series is much better than the rest. I think it's the originality that holds you, and the next versions can't redo what's already been done.

Man, I can't agree more. That sums it up right there. Battlefield 1942 changed online gaming for me. It was just a very cool concept and a damn fun game to play. Desert Combat made it even better for me when I need a slight change. But after playing all the mods and remakes...if you go back and play 1942, it reminds you of that first day you fired it up.