Auzentech's X-Fi Card Available Next Week

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our news:
Auzentech caught ears of audiophiles everywhere a few months ago when they announced that they would be releasing their Prelude sound card with Creative's X-Fi CA20K audio processor. According to DailyTech, it will be available in retail channels next week, from NewEgg in the US and NCIX in Canada. The card will retail for $199 and probably kick some serious ass. If you dislike Creative but still want a superb audio card from Auzentech, you can read our review of their X-Meridian which we posted a review for earlier this year.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
auzentech_xfi_prelude_082307.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Auzentech’s X-Fi Prelude 7.1 is the first third-party sound card based on Creative Labs X-Fi CA20K audio processor. Auzentech one-ups Creative’s official offerings with AKM digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital convertors. The Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 achieves a 120dB signal-to-noise ratio with 24-bit resolution and 192 KHz sampling rates. Additionally, the X-Fi Prelude 7.1 features a user-replaceable OPAMP for the front-channel audio output.

Source: DailyTech

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
For those interested, we have a review of this card coming up in the not-too-distant future!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
The 1 large nagging problem I have with this card is the fact it uses Creative drivers and crapware. For me, that fact alone kills any advantage it has running higher quality components. Hopefully, Creative will allow Auzentech to create their own drivers in the near future.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Auzen will be creating their own drivers with DTS NEO PC and all the other stuff the X-Meridian has, it's just going to take time. I guess they decided to move to market now rather than sit on their investment which makes sense. As to the bloatware... there is an option to just install the drivers.

madmat

Soup Nazi
It's coming but I keep running into problems with a certain benchmarking program. I think it's driver related though.