ATI's Radeon HD 5670 - DirectX 11 for $100

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
AMD has delivered a couple of firsts over the past few months, and it's keeping the tradition going with its release of the market's first $100 DirectX 11-capable graphics card. Despite its budget status, the HD 5670 retains the HD 5000-series' impressive power consumption and low idle temperatures, along with AMD's multi-monitor Eyefinity support.

You can read our full article here and discuss it here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Whoops, fixed. Whenever I go to publish a new article, I just make up some make-shift title right off the bat to have something, and then I refine it later on. I forgot to fix it before I posted this :S

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Terrific review Rob. You raised a very good point about its price point (being very similar to 5750's). I can understand the pricing considering that the 5670 lags just behing the GT250 in most all games.

I guess with the limited supply we can expect these to sell around $110 or so.

snakyjake

Obliviot
Great article. I'd like to know more how it compares to Intel's new IGP. Maybe when the 5500/5400 series comes out?

Trying to decide between a Core i5 660 with Intel HD or 661 with an ATI GPU.

Thanks,

Jake

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
gibbersome said:
Terrific review Rob. You raised a very good point about its price point (being very similar to 5750's).

Yes, I still find it bizzare that AMD planned its roadmap out like this. It just makes no sense to have one GPU for $100 and another for $110... it just complicates things, especially when the performance is vastly different. Hopefully what it means is that the HD 5670 will go down in price rather fast, and come close to the GT 240 eventually, making it an even better deal.

snakyjake said:
Great article. I'd like to know more how it compares to Intel's new IGP. Maybe when the 5500/5400 series comes out?

For this, you can refer to our recent review of low-end NVIDIA cards. You can expect a Radeon HD 5450 review in the next week or two, if you are really considering going low-end.