ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition Preview

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Think having three monitors is a little bland? How about six, then? Options were scarce before, but with AMD's ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 edition, it has never been easier to get hooked up with such a configuration. We're still in the process of "working" hard for our final article, so for now, we give you this preview.

You can read our preview here and discuss it here!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I want to set this up with six 47" or larger plasma TV's. I can't think of any better way to use this tech.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There's been a bit of a delay in the actual review, but I hope to have it up next week. I was trying to secure a second 2GB card in order to show the best CrossFireX results possible, but all the vendors seem to be clean out. I have been testing using a 2GB and 1GB card though, and despite the loss of overall available memory, the performance is a lot better in this mode (went from 28 FPS to 49 FPS in Dirt 2, for example).

Hope to get more information and the article up soon :D

401-rick

Obliviot
I'd be VERY interested to see what kind of custom modding can be done on commonly available LCDs to remove the bezel and make a very slim bezel eyefinity setup.

Not something we'd all try, especially without some good guidance on what to expect inside the things, and probably one or two good ideas on how to set it up so it looks nice after you've gutted the LCDs in order to remove the bezels.

samuelson1

Obliviot
What must to be the minimun Card for play with 3 x 22" LCDs? I have 2 Radeon 4870 Crossfire, It can be suitable?

Thanks!