ati blue screen

BigJohn

Obliviot
K since you guys are way smarter then me on this stuff, i figured i ask another question:

I have been just getting this recently

Blue Screen blah blah
Problem Atidvag
*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x87F6d020, 0x88DB0540, 0xF78C6CBC, 0x00000001)

Dumping Physical Memory

contact vendor for issue....

Like the vendor will help any hahaha. Any input?? Thanks

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There could be a lot of reasons this is happening. One is that the driver could be out-of-date (it's recommended you go download the latest one from game.amd.com). Two, the card might possibly be dirty, causing it to overheat and resulting in such errors. Third, the card might be on its way out. How old is it?

You might want to take the card out of the PC, clean it off (making sure to get the dust out of the fan), and wipe down the PCI contacts a bit with your fingers (clean of course), then reinstall the card. Sometimes a re-seating will fix strange issues like this.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
You might want to take the card out of the PC, clean it off (making sure to get the dust out of the fan), and wipe down the PCI contacts a bit with your fingers (clean of course), then reinstall the card. Sometimes a re-seating will fix strange issues like this.

I always cleaned the contacts with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol...made my Sega Genesis games work like new again :D

BigJohn

Obliviot
The card is only 8 months old or so too me bought off the shelf of the computer store on west side blah forget the name, ati radeon 3850 HD 512mb, i use the air canister on it every two months cause my apt is quite dusty. I'll try the reseating it though. Thanks for the information, and for the up too date drivers, i can't seem too understand but they don't seem too want too install right ever, i un-install old drivers then install new ones and then the catalyst won't work it boggles my mind .......

and that's too funny, a sega genesis, we usually jus blew into our nintendo games spit an all till the game worked hahaha

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Forum uses normal tags for posting pics, so you can put the image on imageshack or photobucket then paste in the URL between the img tags, or you can use the attachment feature of the forum. No permission required. Resizing of the pics is now handled by the forum as well.

[noparse][img]http://www.url.com/here.jpg[/noparse]

BigJohn

Obliviot
cool thanks Tharic-Nar

now on the side note, i found out how much of a ratard i am, remembered that sapphire drivers are different from amd drivers but still when i install right from sapphire download site, they keep trying too install agp2600 xt driver on me which is not even close too what i have and btw this is what i really have:

Sapphire 8x agp
512mb DDR2 memory
Radeon HD 3650

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
That is the exact same GPU I have and yes, no matter which driver you get, it'll always show as a 2600 XT, it doesn't affect performance, so don't worry. The last year, the card has been registered as a 2600XT for some reason, there was something changed in one of the driver revisions, and sicne then the name's stuck, but it's just a name, performance has been the same as always. You can get ahold of the AMD drivers instead of sapphire, since the release schedule from sapphire can be a little off. This is the link for the official AMD hotfix driver...

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

Since you are having problems with the same card, then there is a good chance that it's a driver related issue, and one we can't solve. I've had to put up with the crashes under Win7 for a while, XP was a lot more stable, but still crashed. Are you using driver sweeper as well between driver updates?

BigJohn

Obliviot
no i don't have any driver sweeper programs, i've been laid off from work for nearly a year now, the economy blows and i can't purchase programs $30 here n there no more. And thank you for the link and advice i'm glad someone else is going through the same problem, i took my sapphire driver disk and uploaded that for now but its nearly 20 drivers behind but it doesn't give me the blue screen of death no more.