ASUS Striker

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
All I have to say, is that this is one impressive looking board. But I have one question. Does anyone ever recall a motherboard that launched with a $400 SRP?

Pricey!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
It appears to be a killer motherboard with the copper walled fort around the CPU but I can't imagine it being worth 400 bones. That thing better sing to me while doing the dishes for 400 dollars. I am looking forward to a review without a doubt. I am also wondering if the RoG tag it carries has something to do with the astronomical price.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I paid $360 (IIRC) for this 9CJS in '03...it was about the most expensive single CPU consumer board I'd ever seen until this. Even the A8N32 SLI wasn't that expensive in the height of the buying frenzy for it in Dec. '05.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
$360 is nuts. I had no idea any board came close to $400, but that's close enough. I paid something like $320CAN for the P5WD2-E Premium, and to me that was plenty.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I reluctantly paid about 140 for this Ultra-D if memory serves me correctly. However, if the results warrant such a price, the old addage, you get what you pay for, holds true.