ASUS Radeon EAH5850

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If we had an award for the "best bang for the buck", it would require little thinking to give it to ATI's Radeon HD 5850. For the price, it offers incredible power, superb power consumption and temperatures, and of course, DirectX 11 support. We're taking a look at ASUS' version here, which along with Dirt 2, includes a surprisingly useful overclocking tool.

You can read our full review of the card here and discuss it here.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
very nice review!

They say, ' the fastest single GPU'...but what good is it if ppl cant even buy the damn thing, hahaa!
oh man its so weird! just when something goes Really really right for AMD and ppl want to buy it....they don't have it in stock.......true bummer!

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Nice review & upon reading it, I put "EAH5850" in my watch & notify me lists. The 1st thing that happened at egg was that it from out of stock to deactivated. Now it is back to out of stock :rolleyes: woohoo!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
They say, ' the fastest single GPU'...but what good is it if ppl cant even buy the damn thing, hahaa!
oh man its so weird! just when something goes Really really right for AMD and ppl want to buy it....they don't have it in stock.......true bummer!

I couldn't agree more, and it's unfortunate. There's no way AMD was oblivious to this issue long before it occurred, because at the product's immediate launch, I don't recall hearing anything about a potential availability issue.

Nice review & upon reading it, I put "EAH5850" in my watch & notify me lists. The 1st thing that happened at egg was that it from out of stock to deactivated. Now it is back to out of stock woohoo!

I noticed the same thing. I'm not sure the reason, but I just figured that ASUS notified Newegg that it wouldn't be producing more GPUs (ASUS isn't pushing the high-end graphics market much right now), but that's apparently not the case given it's just out of stock at the moment. Hopefully it won't take too long to get in stock... this situation is getting ridiculous. Could you imagine if Intel or AMD released a new CPU and no one could purchase it for over two months?