ASUS P7H55D-M EVO & Intel DH55TC

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
With Intel's recent Clarkdale processor launch, the itch to build that new HTPC is no doubt greater than ever. Not only does Intel offer a wide-range of processors, but motherboard vendors are currently offering an incredible amount of H55 models. We're taking a look at two here, Intel's own DH55TC and ASUS' P7H55D-M EVO.

You can read our full look at these two boards here and discuss it here.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
heey, nice review! these mobos look so sweet!

love the bottom page list thingy in the articles! :)

K

kajal_palpara

Cool Guy

I have bought DH55TC. Everything is great except my memory voltage (+1.5v) has always been to 1.668v and with intel desktop utility installed it alway shows a warning message..
Can any one help me out.
I have Core i3 2.93 Ghz Processor
Zion 1333 Mhz DDR3 SDRAM 2GB
Nvidea 9400GT Grfics Card
Pinnacle Tv Tuner Card(110i)

U

Unregistered

Disappointing ASUS Customer Service

Over the past two months I’ve been pursuing a problem w/ASUS… regarding this board.
BEWARE: if you get a case that has an eSATA front port and you connect it to an internal motherboard [Intel H55 and maybe others] SATA port, it cannot be configured to have an eSATA hard drive ‘safely removed’. You will have to turn off caching (slow) or risk data corruption when removing it.

ASUS customer service is terrible and it will further adversely affect their bottom line because they are ruining their reputation. …So much for their “goal of 100% customer satisfaction”.

They ½-answer submitted technical inquiries to show they care, even though it is obvious they do not want to get to the root of or appropriately solve a problem system builders may be encountering and finding annoying. They do not seem to know Windows very well nor comprehend the underlying problem, nor do they spend any measurable time even reading the history of the problem, trying to determine where the problem really lies. They defer simple system builders to Microsoft $upport when it is clearly not a Microsoft problem. Concurrently they defer to Intel support (the maker of the chip/driver likely causing this problem and a company not selling chips to/supporting end-users) – when ASUS should be contacting Intel themselves, as an integration partner, to resolve issues such as this.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't deal with eSATA at all, but the problem you're having is undoubtedly foolish. I do have to wonder if this is an ASUS-specific issue though, or if it's just how things are. My chassis has a front eSATA port also, but I don't even have an eSATA device. I'll have to get one in sometime soon and see if my motherboard does it too.

I have rarely heard anything good about ASUS' customer service, unfortunately. I've also heard similar complaints about Gigabyte's. It's too bad they don't take their customers a bit more seriously. EVGA is a good example of a company that does... it's an even rarer occurrence when I hear something bad about its customer service. These other companies need to step their game up.