ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Edition Preview

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Intel's first Core i7 CPUs are set to launch next month, and already, related product is hitting our labs. The most notable is ASUS' first mainstream X58 board, the P6T Deluxe. Key features include a 16+2 power phase design, SLI and CrossFireX support (up to three GPUs), support for SAS hard drives, and an external device to aide in overclocking.

You can read our preview of the upcoming board here and discuss it here!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Now, That's a nice board
And all the little extras
I may just build a third machine this year
And it's Rob fault....... ( Chuckle )
Great Preview

Merlin

BlackAndy

Obliviot
That is a sweet board! I love the packaged extras with ASUS boards, even if they are a little overkill sometimes.:D
One question, is there a CMOS reset button on the I/O panel that I'm not seeing in the pictures? That has been invaluable on the Formula SE, and something I think OCers find very useful...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There's no quick CMOS clear on this board, no, but from initial tests, I don't think it's going to be a big issue. This board features a new (I think) technology that will boot the system even after a failed overclock, and it's been quite reliable so far. If the CMOS does need to be cleared, the switches are in an easy-to-reach spot, and if worse comes to worst, the battery can be removed, which is also in an easy-to-reach location.