ASUS P5N-E SLI

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When the 680i chipset was launched last month, it proved to have exactly what the enthusiast was after. However, most of those boards range in the $250 area. ASUS has just released their new P5N-E SLI board which offers the 650i chipset. It's a scaled down version of it's bigger brother, but costs far less and still contains a huge punch for enthusiasts.

You can read the review here and discuss it here.

werty316

Partition Master
Great review Rob as I am seriously considering this board when I go to a Core2Duo SLi rig next year.

Great read.

U

Unregistered

An error?

Mate, I think you've got an error..

"One thing to note though, is that there is NO floppy connector! I have not personally used a floppy in years, so I am surprised that they are still included on near every motherboard available. The only time I've used a floppy in recent memory was for a GPU bios update, but that can be done with a USB floppy drive. Regardless, I'm glad to see a board without one finally."

I can clearly see a floppy connector, Anandtech found one. What's up?

Otherwise, great to see a review on the motherboard. Any news when the new BIOS, like a time line?

~Ibrahim~

U

Unregistered

Another error

On the Overcloking page you incorrectly stated, "All C2D (minus the X6800) has a stock FSB of 1066."

Wrong. The X6800 also has a stock FSB of 1066.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hmph, where in the world did I get 1333FSB? As for the floppy connector, I will get back in there and look. As far as I recall.. both ports there were identical. I'll take a closer look and update the review.

Thanks a lot for pointing those errors out. As for the BIOS, I have yet to hear back from ASUS on the issue, thanks to the holidays probably. I'll post here once one is available. I'm hoping soon...

Edit: I got the 1333 from the Xeons... and I must be completely blind. Because it wasn't located in the "usual" side of the board, I completely overlooked it. Thanks again ;-)

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I'm getting one with a new build...

~Ibrahim~