ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe WiFi Edition

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's the video driver, not the motherboard :)

No way to fix that AFAIK... I have it happen on two of my PC's.

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
Here's a registry fix for the problem. nVidia may be also be correcting the issue in future driver releases.

EDIT: Apparently, it's fixed in versions 91.31 and later.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Thnx thnx thnx!!! A driver update did the trick!

Silly me, I thought that it would be better to update the drivers once I got the hardware running correctly. So I installed the drivers from the disc that came out of the box of my video card and didn't think those could be obsolete already. Now everything works splendidly! Thnx again, you have been of great help!

BlankMan

Obliviot
OC Profile?

Rob - I see from your entries that you have your system running about 2800Ghz. :eek: Can you detail for the rest of us what you've changed. I have owned my board for about 3 days and have played with the NOS only and would like to up the values without screwing up my system as it's now fully loaded.

I've got the 4600+ AMD chip in it, crappy graphics until my SLI board comes, 2GB of the 800 Mhz twin x2 6400 from Corsair.

If you don't have an O.C. profile, do you know where I can find some? So far, Google has proven a tad unhelpful on the matter.

Thanks! :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hey Blankman,

Well... OC Profiles are good for when you discover a good overclock and want to save it. Nobody hosts profiles because they are meant for personal use, and all computers will vary.

For 2.8GHz, I highly recommend water cooling. Don't bother if you don't because it will not likely be stable. Here are the settings I use most of the time:

2.75GHz (275HTT * 10, 1.45v) Multiplier, DDR2-800 selected.
  • DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 1.9v 1T (2.40GHz 1.25v)
  • DDR2-900 4-4-4-12 2.1v 2T (2.70GHZ, 1.45v)
  • DDR2-1000 5-5-5-12 2.2v (2.50GHz, 1.45v)
  • DDR2-1000 4-4-4-12 2.2v (2.50GHz, 1.45v)
  • DDR2-1100 5-5-5-15 2T (2.75GHz, 1.45v)
The italicized ones are from my recent A-Data ram review. To have DDR2-800 speeds with your memory, you will need to play around with that setting (Advanced > CPU Config > Dram). Overclocking is a game really, you just have to keep trying until you figure out something that works.

"2GB of the 800 Mhz twin x2 6400 from Corsair."

Do you mean you will have 4GB worth, or just 2GB? I have similar modules, but the Pro version, and they overclock to DDR2-1000 speeds without a problem. So, if I were you, I would try these settings once you have the memory:

250MHz with 10x Multi... for 2.5GHz. Set the DDR speed for DDR2-800 and choose 4-4-4-15 timings. Select 1.35v for your CPU vcore, and 2.3v for your vdimm. This will give you 2.5GHz with DDR2-1000 memory.

or

225MHz with 12x Multi... for 2.70GHz. Set the DDR speed for DDR2-800 and choose 4-4-4-15 timings. Select 1.40v for your CPU vcore, and 2.3v for your vdimm. This will give you 2.75GHz with DDR2-900 memory.

BlankMan

Obliviot
Thanks for the info, and to clear the confusion, I have the 2GB DDR2 Twin2x Matche Memory Pair. So it's only 2GB, not 4GB. Its official part number from Corsair is Twin2x2048-6400PRO. It's the one with the blinky lights, but not the one you can program with messages or other system info on display.

I'm going to try your recommendations and let you know how it goes. If you don't hear from me in a few days, it apparently didn't go well! :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, that's the same Corsair kit I was referring to. It does DDR2-1000 speeds with 4-4-4-12 timings at 2.3v as far as I remember. It may even go higher, but I haven't used them for quite a while.

U

Unregistered

M2N32 SLI Deluxe wIfI

I just got the board and saving for the 8800GTX.
I have read a lot about the Bios update and have the latest ready to go after I get everything else.

Anyone here using the 8800GTX ?
Any problems?

Merlin

U

Unregistered

booting from USB stick

Hi Folks,

Would anybody know whether this boards allow booting from a USB stick?
The manual is not clear on that to me, because it mentions USB floppy drive as boot option,
but no USB flash device.
The option "Removable Drives" in the bootmenu shows :
1. Floppy Disks
Allows you to assign you a removable drive to the system.

TIA

PS: I'm thinking about buying this board and the boot option is essential for me.